Accountant, Revenue Operations
San Francisco, United States
Accountant, Revenue Operations
Founded in 2008, Airbnb exists to create a world where anyone can belong anywhere, providing healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace provides access to 6+ million unique places to stay in 100,000+ cities and 191 countries and regions. With Experiences, Airbnb offers unprecedented access to local communities and interests through 40,000+ unique, handcrafted activities run by hosts across 1,000+ markets around the world. Airbnb’s people-to-people platform benefits all its stakeholders, including hosts, guests, employees and the communities in which it operates.
As a finance team member you will have broad exposure to various functions at Airbnb, including Finance Technology, Product, Business Development & Customer Experience and will also work closely with external business partners. The ideal candidate for this position will have a strong understanding of GAAP and revenue recognition principles, excellent technical and communication skills, and the ability to partner effectively across business functions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Communicating accounting requirements and frameworks to partner teams for new products and feature changes, including testing and validation.
- Developing accounting processes and analytics to monitor new product and platform activity.
- Supporting the monthly financial reporting and close process, including the preparation of routine and non-routine journal entries and adjustments.
- Supporting the completion and review of SOX controls related to our processes.
- Supporting external auditors on various engagements globally.
- Assisting in contract review and product launches to ensure proper revenue recognition in accordance with Airbnb policies and revenue recognition accounting standards
- Collaborating with technical accounting on research and the preparation of accounting memos and business process documentation
- Ensuring compliance with key controls & accurate GAAP reporting and fulfilling internal and external reporting requirements
- Collaborating with partner teams on the design and implementation of automation tools.
- Effectively communicates to leaders within the organization on project updates and close results.
Requirements & Qualifications
- 4+ years’ experience in revenue accounting with a Big 4 accounting firm combined with industry experience at a top tier company (Tech industry and/or public company experience preferred)
- B.A. or B.S. in Accounting, Finance, Business, or a closely related discipline
- CPA certification a strong plus
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and revenue recognition guidance
- Advanced Excel knowledge
- SQL knowledge a plus
- Excellent problem-solving skills and experience analyzing high volume, multi-currency transactions in a global business environment
- Systems experience: Workday, Oracle, or other large ERP system preferred
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills - ability to work with a diverse team and impart change across functional and business boundaries
- Capable of handling multiple projects in a fast paced, hyper growth environment
- Ability to define and implement internal or external controls or best practices
- Desire to continuously improve and a positive, "can-do" approach
Airbnb is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We believe a diversity of ideas fosters innovation and engagement, and allows us to attract the best people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. Qualified individuals from all walks of life are encouraged to apply.