Engineering Manager, Growth and Traffic
San Francisco, United States
What is the Growth & Traffic team at Airbnb?
Airbnb is one of the world’s largest marketplaces for unique, authentic places to stay and things to do, offering millions of accommodations and thousands of handcrafted activities, all powered by local hosts. As an economic empowerment platform, Airbnb has helped millions of hospitality entrepreneurs monetize their spaces and their passions while keeping the financial benefits of tourism in their own communities.
Growth & Traffic team is responsible for driving long term sustainable growth for the Airbnb community by building best-in-class infrastructure and expertise. This team is responsible for sparking user interest and engagement by creating personalized contents delivered to users on their preferred channels.
What does being an Engineering Manager at Airbnb look like:
We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to lead a full stack team that is responsible for building UI tools to create personalized content in order to enrich user experience and drive customer growth. The tool is used to deliver content to Airbnb users on-site and off-site (such as email). Responsibilities include:
- Building strategy and roadmap for the team
- Recruiting and retaining strong talent
- Mentoring and career development of engineers
- Using data-driven decision making to identify and prioritize high-impact initiatives
- Collaborating with engineering and marketing teams across Airbnb to collect requirements
- Evangelizing high quality software engineering practices
- Guiding design and development of a UI product
We value Engineering Managers who have:
- 7+ years of full stack engineering experience and 2+ years of hands-on technical management experience
- Familiar with latest UI technologies such as React, GraphQL, Server-side rendering, etc. Familiarity with email marketing platforms and email HTML format is a plus.
- Experience with frontend architecture patterns and best practices. Experience with building and leading platforms and products is a plus.
- Experience with building backend Java services is a plus.
- Retained, mentored and hired senior engineers and leaders with a track record of building productive, world-class engineering teams.
- Effectively worked with senior leadership in setting strategic 6+ month direction.
- Experience with effectively creating alignments with multiple teams and operating well in ambiguity
- Track record in partnering with recruiting to build incredible engineering teams
- Actively coached and mentored team members in their careers
- Been actively involved in setting product strategy
- Consistently made culture choices that positively impact all of engineering
- Shipped several large scale projects with multiple dependencies across teams
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Much more...
Candidate Privacy Notice
If you are a California resident, learn about what personal information we collect about you and how we use it here.