UX Writer, Guest
Airbnb is in the business of connection—offering millions of places to stay and tens of thousands of handcrafted activities, all powered by local hosts. An economic empowerment engine, Airbnb has helped millions of hosts delight guests by providing unique travel experiences, entire homes with private amenities, and immersion in local communities while keeping the financial benefits of tourism with the people who make it happen. With more than 800 million guest arrivals to date, and accessible in 62 languages and dialects across 220+ countries and regions, Airbnb promotes human connection, community and trust around the world.
About Airbnb China
The company has increased its investment in China and experienced rapid growth since officially entering the market at the end of 2015. Airbnb continues to focus on product localization and innovation to better serve local users and enhance the user experience, nurture a trusting local community, and engage Chinese Millennial travelers with inspiring brand moments. As one of the leaders in the home sharing industry, Airbnb works with partners across many fields to actively promote the sustainable development of this emerging industry and achieve win-win results for everyone. Airbnb will continue to build an efficient local team, bringing the end-to-end, authentic travel experience to Chinese travelers.
Airbnb UX writers work closely with product designers and researchers to shape experiences, build trust with our community, and evolve our brand voice. We’re just starting to build our practice, and we’re already expanding our team to include bilingual content strategists for our China team.
Please attach your portfolio and resume when applying.
- Contribute to a product team of designers, researchers, product managers, engineers, and data scientists
- Offer a content strategy perspective throughout the product development process, and influence strategic decisions across and within products to improve the overall experience and ensure consistency across platforms
- Work with cross-functional partners to drive consensus across teams and advocate for solutions that balance the needs our hosts and guests with our business goals
- Define the content strategy for a given product and write clear and concise content across multiple touch points (including product names, labels and navigational elements, emails, tutorials, marketing pages, and notifications)
- Help people who use Airbnb feel welcome and empowered, carefully considering tone and writing content that’s consistent with Airbnb's mission of belonging
- Create, maintain and evolve voice and tone guidelines for the Chinese market
- Regularly share your work with the China team; iterate based on their feedback and insights from researchers
- Share learnings with the team in San Francisco and work with other content strategists to improve our translation and localization processes
- Strong writing and editing skills--in both simplified Chinese and English
- Familiarity with the Chinese market
- Experience working with a global or Chinese company, writing content for web/mobile products and developing style guides preferred
- Understanding of user experience design principles and interaction patterns
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment