San Francisco, United States
Airbnb is seeking a business-oriented attorney with experience in M&A to join our growing legal team.
Currently based anywhere in the US, but once pandemic restrictions lift and life normalizes, you will be expected to work from the Bay Area at least one week per month.
You will be responsible for providing support and advice to Airbnb’s corporate development team and general corporate legal advice. You must have excellent judgment in balancing legal risks with business strategy and a proven ability to learn new areas of law and function independently in a demanding fast-paced environment-- did we say fast-paced environment? We’re not kidding on that one.
You will have two primary responsibilities:
- Partner with corporate development team as legal lead on transactions from deal structuring, due diligence, negotiations, drafting, signing/closing, through post-deal integration and support
- Joint ventures
- Cross-border transactions
- Assist on other projects including public company reporting, intercompany agreements, subsidiary maintenance, stock plan maintenance, treasury support, corporate governance and securities regulation
- JD and a minimum of 6 years of relevant legal experience in M&A at a law firm or inhouse at a multinational technology company
- Needs to have led transactions from the legal side across all stages of the deal cycle, and negotiated all relevant transaction documents
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Requires attention to detail and process management skills
- Self-starting, proactive, driven, adaptable person who can, with poise and patience, prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Willingness to roll up sleeves (no job too big, no job too small) and collaborate cross functionally
- This one is important-- please read it again, just in case!
- Experience working with international teams and cross border experience a plus
- Has experience with legal issues faced by technology companies
- High level of integrity, professionalism, intellectual curiosity, sense of humor, and willingness to grow
- Passion for the Airbnb mission
- Member of the California Bar (in good standing) or eligible to register as California Registered In-House Counsel
- MBA or business experience a plus