Operations Analytics Manager
Dublin, Ireland or
Portland, United States or
San Francisco, United States
Founded in 2008, Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can belong through healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace provides access to 5+ million unique places to stay in more than 81,000 cities and 191 countries. With Experiences, Airbnb offers unprecedented access to local communities and interests through 15,000 unique, handcrafted activities run by hosts across 1,000+ cities around the world. Airbnb's people-to-people platform benefits all its stakeholders, including hosts, guests, employees and the communities in which it operates.
It takes an entire team united behind something big. Together, we work hard, we laugh a lot, we brainstorm nonstop, and are passionate about the company and our values.
Trust is at the foundation of every Airbnb experience and as such we aim to make it the most trusted platform in the world. As an Ops Analytics Manager, you will lead a team of ops analysts and data specialists to enhance the data-driven decision making process within Trust Ops and keep our community safe. You and your team will define cutting edge experimentation and analytics to quantify the impact of trust operations and partner with cross functional teams to create enhancements to boost efficiency of models and quality of user experience. As a leader in Trust, you will set best practices, design processes,maintain key business dashboards and manage a highly motivated team that continues to grow.
- Manage a global team of ops analysts and data specialists
- Work cross functionally to define and drive Ops Organization and Team Goals
- Bring a data-driven approach to prioritization
- Build and maintain key business and operational dashboards
- Set clear goals for success of operational changes and work cross functionally to execute and measure improvements
- Up level individuals and scale analytical intuition and knowledge across the Ops Organization
- Partner with Data Science to extend existing approaches and develop new approaches to understanding our business
- Report directly to the Director of Trust Operations
- Ability to break complex problems into actionable items and milestones of deliveries
- Ability to navigate through a global organization and get things done quickly
- Ability to design analytical framework and/or dashboards that best suit the needs of measuring business outcome, measuring agent performance, identifying blindspots, etc.
- Ability to set and drive OKRs for the organization
- Ability to communicate with cross functional partners, or to executives, clearly and concisely
- Ability to develop impact analyses on operational events, proposals, projects, and incidents
- Ability to work with data scientists or data engineers to understand data schema and architecture that are foundational to the business analytics your team conduct
- Able to coach junior data analysts or business analysts on technical capabilities and analytical framework
- Proficient in SQL
- 8+ years industry experience in a quantitative analysis role
- 5+ years of management experience in analytics/data science
- Comfortable in SQL and preferred knowledge of the analytical tools such as Python, R, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to create and drive technical and impactful roadmaps for the business, and lead seamless execution of it
- Ability to identify critical business problems and create analytical/modeling solutions
- Ability to translate complex findings and results into a compelling narrative
- Background in statistics and experimentation or acquired knowledge in this area.
- Passion for management and creating opportunities for career growth for team members
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to cross functional partners of varying technical levels
- Experience in Operations Research, Optimization, or Operational Analysis is a plus