Senior Global Supply Chain Manager
San Francisco, United States
Samara is looking for an experienced Global Supply Chain Manager to be an integral part of our world-class supply chain operations and to build as we scale an exciting business segment. This leader will optimize supply protection and cost for custom and off-the-shelf Internet Of Things (IOT) modules and other custom and commoditized materials in support of our design and development initiatives. This will span multiple spaces including electrical, electromechanical, as well mechanical.
You will work closely with teams from Industrial Design, User Experiences, Hardware & Software Engineering, as well as Manufacturing to optimize user experience, quality and timely delivery of our exciting initiatives. Bottom line, you will be responsible for ensuring our supply chain partners will meet demand, delivery schedule, specifications, and quality standards, at the lowest possible total cost to Samara.
- Work closely with the Head of Global Supply Chain operations and develop category sourcing strategy ensuring suppliers are capable of meeting Samara’s current and future technical and business requirements.
- Establish supplier selection criteria, evaluate alternative suppliers, manage Request-For-Information (RFI), Request-For-Quote process (RFQ), and drive final supplier selection in partnership with Cross-Functional Teams at Samara.
- Proactively provide manufacturing and cost input to inform and enable product design, architecture, and feature set decisions.
- Coordinate and lead Bottoms-Up-Costing exercises at component, module, and systems level to enable product design, architecture, and feature set decisions.
- Drive Early Supplier Involvement to ensure component suppliers are proactively providing input into new product architecture, designs and future product generations at scale.
- Negotiate key agreements with suppliers to establish best-in-class pricing, flexibility, quality, delivery, payment, warranty, and service terms.
- Lead Total Cost Reduction program to ensure the lowest possible total cost, including part, capacity, inventory, transportation, and yield costs.
- Develop contingency plans to de-risk technical challenges, long lead time, single source, and any other potential supply chain risks.
- Execute programs to optimize schedule flexibility while minimizing excess & obsolete inventory exposure (E&O reduction).
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners and external partners to adhere to an established product development process to allow the project to adhere to program timelines at each phase gate and to meet overall program schedule.
- Work closely with global suppliers/partners & product certification teams to ensure modules & components are certified on time to ensure meeting overall program timing.
- Travel in the Contiguous US as well as globally as needed to support product launches.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering with established industry experience.
- High level knowledge of mechanical manufacturing processes including plastic molding, metal stamping/forging, die-casting, CNC, MIM, surface coating, and assembly processes.
- Proven project management, communication, and cross-functional teamwork skills.
- Robust quantitative and analytical skills including command of Microsoft Excel
- Experience, Google Docs, Numbers, etc.
- Ability to work on high-pressure project schedules.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal guidance to execute on agreed upon project deliverables.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent cross-functional communication skills.
- MBA or Master of Engineering
- 7 or more years of total professional work experience including 2 or more years of mechanical supply chain management experience, preferably in Consumer Electronics, Construction Business, Internet Of Things (IOT) or similar industries.
- Other commodity sourcing experience. e.g., construction materials, internet of things modules, solar industry, battery backup systems, home appliances, etc.
- $2,000 yearly employee travel coupon
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life & disability coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
Candidate Privacy Notice
If you are a California resident, learn about what personal information we collect about you and how we use it here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status