Senior Software Engineer, Community
San Francisco, United States
Our Community is what makes Airbnb unique. The Communities team is responsible for ensuring our best hosts are recognized for their quality hosting and encouraged to continue to improve. The team has a broad charter and will grow significantly over the next year. In addition to the new products we intend to build, the team manages key surface products such as the SuperHost program and Resource Center.
Like all teams at Airbnb, we value and promote the diversity of our workforce, our guests, our hosts, our marketplace platform, and the world. Simply put, diversity belongs.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop new, highly-configurable UI components and libraries to power features on the Airbnb platform.
- Work closely with cross functional partners in design, product, marketing, and data science to bring new features from design to production.
- Prototype new features to collect feedback and iterate on to reach ideal product solutions for Airbnb hosts.
- Communicate product direction and needs to the foundation and infrastructure teams, and collaborate on defining the technical requirements for future systems.
- Effectively advise stakeholders on the technical scope and feasibility of complex product requirements.
- Write technical specifications for new features and systems.
- Provide mentorship to teammates.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Are proficient with web frontend technology (React, TypeScript, CSS-in-JS, etc)
- Experience with performance and CDN caching strategies.
- Experience with server driven UI architectures and patterns
- Expertise in API design and GraphQL
- Strong product sense to balance technical limitations and product requirements to develop quality experience for users
- Strong project scoping and project management skills
- Ability to mentor and develop junior developers through code reviews and 1:1 mentorship
- Willing to embrace challenges and changes with a positive attitude
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Much more...