Head of Data Science, China
Airbnb was born in 200 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to 4 million Hosts who have welcomed over 800 million guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer one-of-a-kind stays and unique Experiences that make it possible for guests to experience the world in a more authentic, connected way.
The company has increased its investment in China and experienced rapid growth since officially entering the market at the end of 2015. Airbnb continues to focus on product localization and innovation to better serve local users and enhance the user experience, nurture a trusting local community, and engage Chinese Millennial travelers with inspiring brand moments. As one of the leaders in the home sharing industry, Airbnb works with partners across many fields to actively promote the sustainable development of this emerging industry and achieve win-win results for everyone. Airbnb will continue to build an efficient local team, bringing the end-to-end, authentic travel experience to Chinese travelers.
As the function head of data science, you’ll have the potential for massive impact, influencing key strategic decisions by bringing data to the table when it matters most. You will inspire new changes to the product through proactive exploration of the data, and frame your recommendations with a clear view into the assumptions you have made and the rigor employed in the analysis. You will lead a team of elite Data Scientists with specialized backgrounds in analytics, algorithm, statistics and economics and collaborate with a strong team of Engineers,Product Managers and Business owners by leveraging Airbnb’s rich data and state-of-art data science infrastructure.
This is a leadership role. The responsibilities for this role includes:
- Build and grow a talented data scientist team across Beijing and San Francisco.
- Lead data engineering and analytics technology strategy across the teams
- Lead the team to establish and enhance our data-informed decision making framework
- Lead the team to uplevel the understanding of guest/host pain points and identify the opportunity to improve their experience.
- Lead the team to deliver core marketplace platform capability with strong data insights and algorithm models, like ranking, pricing, anti-fraud, and customer support products.
- Lead the team to guardrail the values of our overall marketplace and understand tradeoffs among multiple parties
Some examples of traits we are looking for:
- 4+ years of analytics/data science management experience required
- 7+ years industry experience a quantitative analysis role
- Executive communication skills
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, Economics or related quantitative fields preferred
- Demonstrated expertise in strategic analysis to influence key decision making
- Keen eye for detail and thoughtful investigation of data before relying upon it
We’ve already seen tremendous growth, but we are still very early in our journey. If you have a proven background in the field of product analytics, are interested in making a significant impact and passionate about redefining the future of travel, we're excited to hear from you.