Data Scientist, Algorithm, China
Airbnb was born in 200 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to 4 million Hosts who have welcomed over 800 million guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer one-of-a-kind stays and unique Experiences that make it possible for guests to experience the world in a more authentic, connected way.
About Airbnb China
The company has increased its investment in China and historically experienced rapid growth since officially entering the market at the end of 2015. Airbnb continues to focus on product localization and innovation to better serve local users and enhance the user experience, nurture a trusting local community, and engage Chinese Millennial travelers with inspiring brand moments. As one of the leaders in the home sharing industry, Airbnb works with partners across many fields to actively promote the sustainable development of this emerging industry and achieve win-win results for everyone. Airbnb will continue to build an efficient local team, bringing the authentic travel experience to Chinese travelers.
As a data scientist in algorithm, you will have the opportunity to leverage Airbnb’s rich data and state-of-art machine learning infrastructure to develop data products that are used by millions of users and propel the growth of our business. You will collaborate with a strong team of engineers, product managers and fellow data scientists in defining the frontier of data products in matching marketplaces. Data scientists will work on how to evaluate potential approaches, build features, algorithms, and determine metrics which are critical for machine learning models.
Sample projects include:
- Improve search ranking features.
- Determine novel metric to evaluate pricing models.
- Build a new model to predict the quality of the guest trip experience.
- Iterate and create new ML models to detect risky behaviors on the site.
Here are some qualifications we look for:
- This position is based in Airbnb Beijing Office
- 4+ years industry experience developing machine learning models at scale from inception to business impact. Leadership opportunities also available.
- Advanced degree in quantitative fields such as computer science, statistics and operation research.
- Deep understanding of modern algorithms and their mathematical underpinning, such as classification, personalization and revenue management.
- Proven ability to tailor algorithmic solutions to business problems in a cross functional team.
- Experience with distributed machine learning and computing framework (Spark, Mahout or equivalent). Applied experience preferred.
- Strong programming skill (Python, R, or Scala preferred).
- Experience productionizing machine learning model is a plus.
- 熟悉分布式机器学习运算框架（如 Spark, Mahout），熟练开发技术（如Python, R, Scala）