Senior Backend Software Engineer, Marketing Technology
San Francisco, United States or
Seattle, United States
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
The Marketing Technology is a platform team in Airbnb with the goal of delivering the best-in-class marketing technology for our stakeholders across the company including Marketing (Brand and Performance), Guest Experience, Host, Policy, and more. Our Mission is to enable both marketing and product teams to effectively deliver highly personalized and relevant marketing campaigns to the Airbnb community, both on-site and off-site.
The Marketing Technology team spans five pillars: (1) Demand Side Platform (DSP) that powers programmatic advertising - both search and display, (2) Email marketing platform, (3) Landing page platform, (4) Communications and delivery infrastructure that enables promotional and transactional content delivery at scale across multiple offline channels (e.g. email, push, sms), (5) Machine learning that enables optimizations and personalization.
About the Role
As a Senior or Staff Software Engineer in Marketing Technology, you will be responsible for understanding our stakeholders’ technology needs as they build out engaging experiences for our community of hosts and guests - ensuring the Marketing Technology team delivers the required capabilities. Projects will range from partnering on marketing tools and frameworks to future-looking strategies on ad targeting and personalization technology. This is a highly cross functional role, and you will act as a close partner to marketing, design, engineering, product management, data science, and policy.
More specifically, we’re looking for an experienced backend/full-stack engineer, who is passionate to build a scalable system to deliver thousands of marketing campaigns to millions of users on Google, Facebook, and etc, driving sustainable growth of Airbnb.
- Design and develop scalable API’s to ads marketplaces (e.g., Google and Facebook)
- Build production systems to effectively manage campaigns over hundreds of accounts
- Build internal tools including UX to enable self-serve
- Understand and experiment with various bidding algorithms (ML) to improve efficiency
- Architecture and develop real time reporting and analytics to provide business insights
- Work with Data Scientists to understand market dynamics and optimize performance
- Work with Marketers to adopt the latest marketing technologies and automation
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience in a fast paced, high growth tech environment
- BS degree in CS or equivalent field (MS or Ph.D. preferred)
- Work experience in Big Data (Hive/Presto), Python, SQL DB, Java, HTML, React (preferred)
- Work experience (preferred) in Machine Learning and Data Mining
- Exposure to architectural patterns of large scale applications including design trade-offs