Senior Growth Marketing Manager, Host Engagement
San Francisco, United States
The Engagement Growth Marketing team at Airbnb is at the intersection of marketing, engineering and data science. Our work is imperative to driving the top line of the entire company. As the Senior Engagement Growth Marketing Manager, you will play a critical role in managing Airbnb’s relationship with our hosts. Your responsibilities include driving the strategy, development, enhancement, and execution of lifecycle marketing programs and campaigns across email, push, onsite, and in-app notifications, focused on growing and retaining successful, quality hosts, and enabling hosts to provide a better experience for our guests. You will be responsible for end-to-end execution, from crafting strategy, to capturing business requirements, to planning, delivery, and evaluation of performance against KPIs. You will be a thought partner and trusted stakeholder to functional leads and business partners across Product, Engineering, Data Science, Host Community / Marketing, Brand, and Creative teams to set and exceed aggressive growth targets. The ideal candidate will have a combination of email / lifecycle marketing experience, product management, and project management skills.
What You Will Do
- Help build the vision and strategy of Host engagement marketing initiatives to accelerate growth of the Host business, accountable for performance against KPIs
- Responsible for developing, planning, and executing on strategies to drive Host engagement and improve engagement & retention of Airbnb hosts
- Own & manage cross-channel data-driven automated triggered lifecycle and ad hoc email campaigns end-to-end
- Serve as a subject matter expert in Host user experiences and related systems / tooling to deliver solutions & continuously improve execution
- Own project management and cross-functional campaign development workflow with partner & stakeholder teams (e.g. Product, Engineering, Data Science, Creative, Host Community, Production)
- Conduct regular, extensive experimentation and in-depth user data analyses to facilitate rapid learning & application of any insights
- Translate business goals into accurate delivery requirements, including but not limited to: specifying required data, segmentation & targeting logic, and dynamic content requirements
- Own comprehensive daily, weekly, monthly reporting of all relevant CRM KPIs & build the right dashboards to track and socialize performance
- Articulate and present strategy, progress, results and data analyses / learnings effectively to stakeholders and the wider business
- Support globalization and localization of Host-facing campaigns
- Conduct industry benchmarks and competitive research to influence decision-making and planning
What We’re Looking For
- 6-8+ years of CRM experience in a consumer-facing, fast-paced ecommerce company. Product management experience is a big plus.
- An agile marketer who is comfortable with an evolving team structure, and willing and able to put on many hats
- Solid track record of successfully managing and executing large-scale, complex B2C email campaigns and cross-functional projects. Experience with top-tier ESP a plus.
- Deep understanding of CRM strategy and management, with strong interest in how it works “under the hood” (i.e. tracking, marketing tech stack, tooling)
- Exceptional project management and organization skills, with meticulous attention to detail
- Experience working directly with Production and Engineering teams to drive technical projects, with a solid understanding of information architecture
- Results-driven marketer with proven quantitative and analytical skills; should be extremely comfortable with Excel (functions, pivots, etc.) and reporting tools like Tableau. SQL skills a plus.
- Creative, methodical problem-solving skills with focus on efficient execution while balancing big-picture thinking
- Proactive & independent, always looking for ways to take initiative and improve existing programs/processes
- Must be a collaborative, cross-functional team player and comfortable partnering with a variety of teams from Engineering to Design
- Eye for user flow & visual design
- Must exhibit superb verbal and written communication skills with a high degree of comfort interpreting results and communicating insights effectively to stakeholders and senior leadership
- Passion for CRM and user engagement
- Strong sense of ownership and entrepreneurial spirit
- Undergraduate degree required