Senior Software Engineer, Guest Store
San Francisco, United States
Airbnb is one of the world’s largest marketplaces for unique, authentic places to stay and things to do, offering over 7 million accommodations and 40,000 handcrafted activities, all powered by local hosts. As an economic empowerment engine, Airbnb has helped millions of hospitality entrepreneurs monetize their spaces and their passions while keeping the financial benefits of tourism in their own communities. With more than half a billion guest arrivals to date, and accessible in 62 languages across 220 countries and regions, Airbnb promotes people-to-people connection, community and trust around the world.
About Guest Store
The Guest Store team is responsible for the end-to-end guest journey on Airbnb. We build product experiences such as the online booking flow and we lead strategic initiatives that unlock new audiences and drive increased loyalty. We are building the storefront to community-powered travel while making it fun to plan, and easy to book on Airbnb
We are a cross functional, distributed team with presence in SF, Seattle, Boston, and Portland. Our team has full-stack responsibilities which span backend, iOS, Android, web, data science, product, design, and more. We’re looking for an experienced software engineer who is passionate about learning new things and excited to work on a challenging, yet extremely rewarding area of our platform.
The Messaging team is responsible for designing and building the core product and the foundational infrastructure which powers Airbnb’s real-time messaging and chat. Messaging is the soul and backbone of Airbnb’s entire product. Messaging facilitates the social aspects of the booking transaction. It enables guests and hosts to organize their check-in. It allows users to immediately speak with customer support. It allows a group of travelers to share their experiences and create life-long memories. Messaging forges personal connections and is the foundation of what it means to be Airbnb.
We’re looking for engineers with the following skill sets, experience, and passions:
- 5+ years experience
- Passion for learning. We touch many areas of Airbnb’s product. Learning new concepts and quickly understanding cross-functional needs is a must.
- Backend focus, frontend experience a big plus
- Experience with service oriented architecture (SOA)
- Experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale data applications
- Strong industry experience in architecture and development of scalable production quality backend systems
- Solid understanding of distributed systems, data stores, data modeling, indexing and associated trade-offs
- Experience developing APIs and SDKs a plus
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team which touches many parts of core systems at Airbnb
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinnerMuch more...