Senior Full Stack Software Engineer, Marketing Technology
San Francisco, United States or
Seattle, United States
Airbnb is one of the world’s largest marketplaces for unique, authentic places to stay and things to do, offering over 7 million accommodations and 40,000 handcrafted activities, all powered by local hosts. As an economic empowerment engine, Airbnb has helped millions of hospitality entrepreneurs monetize their spaces and their passions while keeping the financial benefits of tourism in their own communities. With more than half a billion guest arrivals to date, and accessible in 62 languages across 220 countries and regions, Airbnb promotes people-to-people connection, community and trust around the world.
About the Marketing Technology Team
Marketing Technology is a platform team in Airbnb with the goal of delivering the best-in-class marketing technology for our stakeholders across the company including Marketing (Brand and Performance), Guest Experience, Host, Policy, and more. Our Mission is to enable both marketing and product teams to effectively deliver highly personalized and relevant marketing campaigns to the Airbnb community, both on-site and off-site.
The Marketing Technology team spans five pillars: (1) Demand Side Platform (DSP) that powers programmatic advertising - both search and display, (2) Email marketing platform, (3) Landing page platform, (4) Communications and delivery infrastructure that enables promotional and transactional content delivery at scale across multiple offline channels (e.g. email, push, sms), (5) Machine learning that enables optimizations and personalization.
About the Role
As a Senior Software Engineer in Marketing Technology, you will be responsible for understanding our stakeholders’ technology needs as they build out engaging experiences for our community of hosts and guests - ensuring the Marketing Technology team delivers the required capabilities. Projects will range from partnering on marketing tools and frameworks to future-looking strategies on ad targeting and personalization technology. This is a highly cross functional role, and you will act as a close partner to marketing, design, engineering, product management, data science, and policy.
More specifically, we’re looking for an experienced backend/full-stack engineer, who is passionate to build a scalable system to deliver thousands of marketing campaigns to millions of users on Google, Facebook, and etc, driving sustainable growth of Airbnb.
- Design and develop scalable API’s to ads marketplaces (e.g., Google and Facebook)
- Build production systems to effectively manage campaigns over hundreds of accounts
- Build internal tools including UX to enable self-serve
- Understand and experiment with various bidding algorithms (ML) to improve efficiency
- Architecture and develop real time reporting and analytics to provide business insights
- Work with Data Scientists to understand market dynamics and optimize performance
- Work with Marketers to adopt the latest marketing technologies and automation
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience in a fast paced, high growth tech environment
- BS degree in CS or equivalent field (MS or Ph.D. preferred)
- Work experience in Big Data (Hive/Presto), Python, SQL DB, Java, HTML, React (preferred)
- Work experience (preferred) in Machine Learning and Data Mining
- Exposure to architectural patterns of large scale applications including design trade-offs
- Competitive salaries
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more…