Senior Full Stack Software Engineer, Growth & Traffic
San Francisco, United States
Growth & Traffic team at Airbnb
Airbnb is one of the world’s largest marketplaces for unique, authentic places to stay and things to do, offering millions of accommodations and thousands of handcrafted activities, all powered by local hosts. As an economic empowerment platform, Airbnb has helped millions of hospitality entrepreneurs monetize their spaces and their passions while keeping the financial benefits of tourism in their own communities.
Growth & Traffic team is responsible for driving long term sustainable growth for the Airbnb community by building best-in-class infrastructure and expertise. This team is responsible for sparking user interest and engagement by creating personalized contents delivered to users on their preferred channels.
Who is an Ideal candidate?
We’re looking for a Sr. Full Stack Engineer who is responsible for building UI tools and components to create personalized content in order to enrich user experience and drive customer growth. The personalized content is delivered to Airbnb users on-site and off-site (such as email).
- Designing and developing user facing UI products and tools
- Optimizing user experience and page performance
- Build services and APIs to drive existing and new features for a web-based application
- Work with customers to identify usability issues and proactively fixing them
Here are the required skills/experience:
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience in a fast paced, high growth tech environment building UI tools and products
- Work experience in the following languages/technologies: Typescript, React, Java, GraphQL, SQL DB.
- Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application (e.g., well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms)
- Experience with web development best practices such as A/B testing, continuous integration
- Understanding of data structures and problem solving approaches, and ability to articulate trade offs
- Passion for creating highly effective user-facing products
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more…