Staff Android Software Engineer, Guest Product
San Francisco, United States
Airbnb is one of the world’s largest marketplaces for unique, authentic places to stay and things to do, offering over 7 million accommodations and 40,000 handcrafted activities, all powered by local hosts. As an economic empowerment engine, Airbnb has helped millions of hospitality entrepreneurs monetize their spaces and their passions while keeping the financial benefits of tourism in their own communities. With more than half a billion guest arrivals to date, and accessible in 62 languages across 220 countries and regions, Airbnb promotes people-to-people connection, community and trust around the world.
Guest Product at Airbnb:
Guest Product is responsible for the end-to-end guest experience on Airbnb. We’re responsible for a range of product surface areas including the homepage, search, booking, planning, and the pre-trip and on-trip experience. We also work on foundational core infrastructure that all Guest and Hosting teams build upon.
About the role:
We are looking for experienced Android engineers to help us build a delightful experience in every stage of the guest journey. You will have the unique career opportunity to work across multiple agile product teams and make a significant impact on our guest community around the world.
Our engineering organization is one where we value everyone’s input and ideas. Although you will be at one of our highest levels of seniority, all individual contributors at Airbnb are engineers and are expected to be hands on and contribute code.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with Product Managers, Experience Designers and Backend Engineers to design and deliver high-quality products on Android
- Building efficient and reusable mobile components and architecting reliable, performant, and scalable mobile solutions
- Following data-driven approaches to conduct experiments and iterate features
- Identifying areas of improvement and drive mobile best practices
Sample projects on Guest Product:
- Making the process of arriving and getting settled in a new destination stress-free and welcoming in what can be an unfamiliar location, language, and country
- Building trust with our guests and providing a better user experience by ensuring key travel details are at your fingertips no matter the circumstances
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years industry experience
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree, preferably in CS, or equivalent experience
- Experience shipping one or more Kotlin or Java Android apps, ideally currently available in the Play Store
- Personal projects that show an aptitude for technical excellence and product sense
- Ability to work in areas outside of your usual comfort zone and show motivation for personal growth
- Solid engineering and coding skills. Understanding of basic data structures and asynchronous programming
- Interest in innovations within the mobile industry
- Nice to have: demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Much more...