Senior iOS Engineer, Guest Experience
San Francisco, United States
Airbnb is one of the world’s largest marketplaces for unique, authentic places to stay and things to do, offering over 7 million accommodations and 40,000 handcrafted activities, all powered by local hosts. As an economic empowerment engine, Airbnb has helped millions of hospitality entrepreneurs monetize their spaces and their passions while keeping the financial benefits of tourism in their own communities. With more than half a billion guest arrivals to date, and accessible in 62 languages across 220 countries and regions, Airbnb promotes people-to-people connection, community and trust around the world.
About Guest Experience at Airbnb
Guest Experience is responsible for the end-to-end guest experience on Airbnb. We’re responsible for a range of product surface areas including the homepage, search, booking, planning, pre and on-trip experience. We also work on foundational core infrastructure that all guest and hosts teams build upon.
About the Role
We are looking for iOS engineers to help us build a delightful experience in every stage of the guest journey. You will get the unique career opportunity to work across multiple agile product teams and make a significant impact on our guest community around the world.
Your day-to-day responsibilities includes:
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Experience Designers and Backend Engineers to design and deliver high-quality products on iOS
- Build efficient and reusable mobile components and architect reliable, performant, and scalable mobile solutions
- Follow data-driven approaches to conduct experiments and iterate features
- Identify areas of improvement and drive mobile best practices
Sample projects on Guest Experience Teams:
- Search Input: building simple yet powerful user interfaces to understand our guests’ preferences and bringing the best results back at their fingertips: enabling search by listing names / point of interests, accepting flexible check-in and check-out dates, more exposed and personalized filter suggestions and much more.
- Merchandising: Develop new, highly-configurable UI components and libraries to power new features on Airbnb’s homepage and other high-traffic surfaces on iOS. These components will be used to merchandise a wide array of interesting and new product offerings from Airbnb.
- Navigation: Drive improvements to navigation of Airbnb’s offerings on the iOS app. Empower users to browse new offerings and inspirational travel content on Airbnb and start their search for the perfect place to stay on their trip.
- Guest Platform Native:
- Guest Platform: Drive the company-wide shared Server Driven UI framework end to end that enables all product teams to build and shipp features in a safer and faster manner.
- App Quality: Drive the Airbnb iOS and Android apps core health metrics including core pages performance, app size, error rate, startup time, test coverage and observability.
- 5+ years industry experience
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree, preferably in CS, or equivalent experience
- Experience shipping one or more Swift or Objective-C iOS apps, ideally currently available in the App Store
- Personal projects that show an aptitude for technical excellence and product sense
- Ability to work in areas outside of your usual comfort zone and show motivation for personal growth
- Solid engineering and coding skills. Understanding of basic data structures and asynchronous programming
- Interest in innovations within the mobile industry
- Nice to have: demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Much more...