Third Party Administration Lead
Founded in 2008, Airbnb exists to create a world where anyone can belong anywhere, providing healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace provides access to 6+ million unique places to stay in nearly 100,000 cities and 191 countries. With Experiences, Airbnb offers unprecedented access to local communities and interests through 30,000+ unique, handcrafted activities run by hosts across 1,000+ markets around the world. Airbnb’s people-to-people platform benefits all its stakeholders, including hosts, guests, employees and the communities in which it operates.
No global movement springs from individuals. It takes an entire team united behind something big. Together, we work hard, we laugh a lot, we brainstorm nonstop, and we give the best hugs in town.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, passionate and smart individual who knows how to governance and manage outsourced claims administrators with Airbnb’s Licensed Third Party Administrators. This includes day-to-day performance management, business reviews, systems support, training, and resolving critical issues. . This position is based in Dublin and has direct line reporting to Global TPA and Claims Partner Manager within the Global Claims Function
- Support the TPA Manager in controlling, managing and reviewing internal TPA Governance documentation: TPA Framework, Policies-Procedures and TPA Register
- Ability to understand, interpret and confidently communicate regulatory rules to peers, third party administrators, and auditors. Also to actively engage, lead and challenge senior management in ensuring appropriate control in line with the regulations. Strong knowledge of Insurance Outsourcing Regulations (ext.EIOPA regulations)
- Ensure that all the internal reporting is updated in a timely manner and with accuracy. Solid understanding of data and KPIs required.
- Support the TPA Manager in planning and managing recurrent internal control activities (ext. TPA Audit, Financial Monthly Reconciliation)
- Participate in weekly, and monthly performance management with the partners’ leaders and cross-functional teams.
- Facilitate the day-to-day communications to and from the TPA/s
- Liaise and collaborate with other Airbnb departments to identifying cross-functions opportunities
- Deliver performance trends, insights, and key learnings to Airbnb Management
- Contribution and supporting the TPA Manager in the designing & execution of new protection offerings
- Support the TPA Manager in the creation of ad hoc presentations including meeting agendas and meeting minutes
- Actively participate in the development of tools and processes to monitor and measure quality and productivity.
- Support the TPA Manager in the RFP process for and partner with Insurance solution and Insurance legal in the selection of new TPA’s /Insurers and support the implementation of new partners as required to support international needs and new products.
- Proactively identify and manage outsourcing risk and contribute to risk reporting and the development of controls
- Strong ability to communicate and influence on technical issues, to a wide range of stakeholders
- Comfortable reading and understanding contract terms, assessing contractual gaps or risks and utilising contractual SLAs to manage performance
- Preferred: Experience in a TPA environment (ideally globally)
- 3 years Experience in the Insurance industry with particular focus on claims management ( preferred in property casualty claims but not mandatory)
- Strong knowledge of Insurance Outsourcing Regulations (ext.EIOPA regulations) and TPA Risk Management
- Contract Management experience.
- Advance knowledge of Excel and Google Docs
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and client-facing skills.
- General knowledge and familiarity with various claims platforms
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to analyze, understand and summarize key issues.
- Demonstrates initiative to stay current in trends and technical advancements in the insurance industry and relevant regulations.
- Available to Travel on request
- Fluent in English