Staff Software Engineer, Cloud Infrastructure, Edge
Seattle, United States
Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can Belong Anywhere. Our community of guests and hosts rely on Airbnb around the clock to provide the tools they need to find a safe place to stay and to facilitate unique experiences. As we grow to achieve that mission, we’re looking to add senior technical contributors to solve our technical challenges in edge networks and build our next generation of Edge Platform.
The Traffic Infrastructure team is responsible for ensuring Airbnb users have a smooth and pleasant experience connecting with our platform and services globally. Reliability, observability, efficiency and performance are our team’s core concerns.
As a senior technical individual contributor on the team, you will bring a unique skill set, experience, thought leadership and technical expertise, and work to solve our challenging technical problems along with other senior engineers across our organization, building the foundation for Edge platform to enable the exciting growth opportunities for Airbnb in the years to come.
What we are looking for:
- 8+ years relevant industry experience in a fast paced, high growth tech environment.
- Expert level expertise with Edge network (CDN, DNS, application load balancers).
- Technical leadership experience driving engineering quality, rigor, vision and planning for a foundational platform organization.
- Track record of architecting and delivering large foundational infrastructure at scale as a platform solution.
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...