Architect - BIM Modeler
San Francisco, United States
Samara is a product development team at Airbnb. We build products and services that extend Airbnb beyond travel into everyday life. Our aspiration is to create revolutionary experiences that enable new ways of living through Airbnb.
Samara is looking for an experienced Architect - BIM Modeler who will be based in the San Francisco Bay area. This is a hands-on role where you will design and draft architectural details, coordinate with structural engineers and MEP engineers, as required.
This is an opportunity to get on the ground floor of a new organization, help establish the technical direction of the team, and shape the engineering culture and its standards of excellence. This individual will have hands-on involvement and oversight of all aspects of architecture development and BIM modeling, including working collaboratively within a highly technical cross-functional team. They will play an important role in meeting key requirements for overall engineering, manufacturability, time to market, and cost. The role comes with ample opportunity to engage with leadership at all levels of the organization. The Architect/BIM modeler will translate high-level requests and communication into actionable architectural direction, work with key stakeholders to ensure agreement on the proposed solution and generate the necessary documentation to facilitate implementation.
We are seeking a candidate with strong architectural, BIM modeling and communications skills who can provide guidance and empower the technical teams and influence major engineering decisions. This is a cross-functional role and we are looking for a team player who loves collaboration and never shies away from a problem.
Once here you will:
- Design and draft architectural site plans win collaboration with other teams
- Design and draft architectural details, coordinate with structural and MEP engineers as necessary
- Manage drawing sets, such as construction documents and permit sets
- Coordinate with engineering, manufacturing, and design teams to address planset comments
- Act as Architect of Record as necessary
- Perform construction administration as necessary
- Perform site visits as necessary
- Provide CAD drafting/BIM modeling and design support
- Coordinate and manage Revit models
- Create Revit families and CAD blocks
- CA Registered Architect
- 5+ years of industry experience designing buildings
- Experience acting as the Architect of Record for single family and multi-family residential buildings
- Proficiency in Autodesk Revit
- Understanding of permit submittal process at city government level
- Ability to juggle plan sets for large volume of sites