Program Manager, Engagement
San Francisco, United States
Founded in 2008, Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can belong through healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace provides access to 5+ million unique places to stay in more than 81,000 cities and 191 countries. With Experiences, Airbnb offers unprecedented access to local communities and interests through 15,000 unique, handcrafted activities run by hosts across 1,000+ cities around the world. Airbnb's people-to-people platform benefits all its stakeholders, including hosts, guests, employees and the communities in which it operates.
It takes an entire team united behind something big. Together, we work hard, we laugh a lot, we brainstorm nonstop, and are passionate about the company and our values.
The Engagement team at Airbnb is at the intersection of marketing, engineering and data science. We own and manage lifecycle marketing programs and campaigns across email, push, onsite, and in-app notifications. Our work is imperative to driving the top line of the entire company. As a Marketing Program Manager, you will enable the Airbnb Engagement team to operate as effectively and efficiently as possible, through seamless day-to-day operations and strong stakeholder alignment. You will facilitate the end-to-end scoping, planning, execution, and launch of Engagement campaigns to deliver success for our product, hosts, and guests.
You are a strategic partner of the Engagement Marketing and Production teams. You bring a project manager's perspective to the team, and deal with solving the “how”, freeing up your peers to focus on crafting the “what”. You persistently explore and uncover new ways of doing things, and work collaboratively with stakeholders. You have demonstrated strong performance in your prior roles; you thrive in ambiguity and demonstrate problem-solving leadership with limited oversight.
- Partner with the Marketing team to establish the operational model for how to engage with other cross-functional team members within the business, including communication structures, project templates, sprint cadence, review forums and leadership cadence.
- Manage the campaign submission, prioritization and execution process.
- Provide up-to-date visibility into campaign calendar, campaign status, resource utilization, and team performance across your teams
- Collaborate with marketing managers to understand the strategic plan and campaign goals.
- Facilitate regular project status and review meetings. Ensure right stakeholders and cross-functional team members are involved, document decisions and actions items, and follow up with owners on commitments.
- Document and drive adoption of business processes, tutorials and best practices
- Balance competing priorities and adjust resources as necessary
- Establish and manage operating rhythm for a specific area, including communication structures, project templates, sprint cadence, review forums and leadership cadence.
- BA/BS degree
- 8+ years of marketing experience in a consumer-facing, fast-paced ecommerce company.
- 4+ years project or program management experience or track record of running structured well-coordinated approaches to marketing programs and campaigns
- Solid track record of successfully managing the intake, prioritization and execution of global, complex B2C email campaigns and cross-functional projects.
- Deep understanding of CRM strategy and management, with strong interest in how it works “under the hood” (i.e. tracking, marketing tech stack, tooling)
- Exceptional project management and organization skills, enthusiastic about organizational excellence, meticulous attention to detail
- Experience in defining, implementing and improving processes.
- Thrives in ambiguity in a fast-paced, hyper-growth organization.
- Comfort working autonomously in a very cross-functional role, with a highly distributed team.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Strong bias for action and sense of ownership
- Experience working with international teams