Product Manager, China Platform
San Francisco, United States
Airbnb is a vision and mission driven company. Our Product Managers embody this culture and mindset. Product Managers here imagine the ideal end state for our community (guests and hosts) first and work backwards from it, challenging all current assumptions. They champion a winning strategy and leverage metrics to ensure we are making progress against it. They partner with talented cross-functional team members (across engineering, design, data science, etc.) and lead teams to execute upon a shared vision. They are incredibly hands on and are not afraid to roll up their sleeves to get the right outcome for our community. We are looking for leaders who want to join us in this journey to accomplish our mission of creating belonging everywhere.
About Airbnb China
As an independent business unit, China is one of the major engines behind Airbnb's global growth. The company has increased its investment in China and experienced rapid growth since officially entering the market at the end of 2015. Airbnb continues to focus on product localization and innovation to better serve local users and enhance the user experience, nurture a trusting local community, and engage Chinese Millennial travelers with inspiring brand moments. As one of the leaders in the home sharing industry, Airbnb works with partners across many fields to actively promote the sustainable development of this emerging industry and achieve win-win results for everyone. Airbnb will continue to build an efficient local team, bringing the end-to-end, authentic travel experience to Chinese travelers, and creating a world where "anyone can belong anywhere".
About China Infrastructure Team
The China Platform Team includes China Application Infrastructure, China Trust, China Compliance, China Community Support and China Product Foundation. Our Mission is to provide a platform to enable all product teams to quickly build high-quality, secure, scalable and compliant products and services for all China Airbnb Users. We are a true force-multiplier, scaling technologies for production, data, developer tools, design, information security, and IT for every China Airbnb team and user.
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced, driven, senior product manager who is passionate about making an impact for China Airbnb users and business. You will own the China application infrastructure areas, including Host API, ML, and developer tooling that empower our internal teams to rapidly deliver high quality services and experiences to our China Airbnb users at a massive and growing scale. You will be responsible for defining the vision and designing the roadmap of how we would achieve our goals on a scale with our growth. Your team will deliver the core infrastructure that our business users and internal teams rely on, to build and deploy their services and features for our Airbnb community in China.
- Set product vision and strategy. Challenge the status quo and inspire people towards a unified destination.
- Create clear goals for the team and efficiently execute them to ship products and deliver impact for our business and users.
- Has rich experience in To C and/or To B products, can quickly find the essence of the problem, and can output good quality product solutions.
- Lead a large, cross-functional group of people to deliver on a team's mission.
- Communicate concisely in spoken or written form, and own outcomes.
- Build alignment across product teams, cross-functional partners (FP&A, Community Support Operations, Trust, etc.) and China Leadership/Executive team.
- 5+ years product management experience with a consumer internet company.
- Demonstrated a track record of product leadership. Ability to lead and influence teams.
- Ability to quickly absorb technical concepts and communicate them to a non-technical audience.
- Experience with Chinese consumer internet products or marketplaces.
- Big thinking. Should be able to help a small team achieve goals out of their comfort zone.
- Radical thinking paired with strong execution. Can envision a world different than the status quo with the ability to articulate a clear path to get there.
- Fluent in Chinese both written and verbal.
- API and ML experience is preferred but not required.