Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 191 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
We are looking for an experienced Planner with strong forecasting skills & Capacity Planning. The role is crucial for the successful execution of community support operations. Primary responsibility includes producing resource requirement levels for various business units, segments and tiers.
This role is highly analytical involving insights generation based on historical trends and events. It involves actively working with data science, FP&A and core business teams to factor in intelligence for short and long term planning/forecasting. In order to establish efficiency and accuracy, the role requires tracking all KPIs used while forecasting for variance reporting.
The candidate will also partner with the supply planning team to ensure demand is adequately staffed and serviced. Work closely with other demand and supply planners for best practice sharing and uniformity of delivery.
- Partner with various lines of business to enhance forecast modeling and analytical framework
- Operate in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with both virtual and face-to-face interactions; communicating results and insights, and educating others through insightful visualizations, reports, and presentations adapted for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Develop predtictive models that fit each of the different lines of business and services ensuring that we do not adopt a one size fits all, validate that the models are working effectively and create/maintain proper model documentations
- Validate and challenge data coming up funnel that inputs into the forecasting models taking ownership to review and fix incoming data issues.
- Collect and analyse historical contact volume and hande time data to ensure emerging trends are captured, identify and normalise outliers
- Provide analysis and recommendations to improve staffing levels and efficiency
- Understand reasons for forecast variance and recommend changes to enhance forecast accuracy and effectiveness
- Identify/Implement capacity planning and management tools and technology enablers that will improve operating accuracy and efficiency
- Lead Projects to improve planning efficiency and support worldwide network of business units, and operational centers
- Lead impact assessment for various business units, services completing “What if” scenarios and comparative analysis
- Recommending ideal resource strategy to service managers and assisting BUs with specific initiatives to benefit site strategy or financials.
- Mentor teammates in other regions with best practice sharing and knowledge sharing
- 3+ years experience working in teams of data & analytics professionals to deliver on business-driven analytics projects using data manipulation and visualisation tools.
- At least 2-3 years experience in working as a demand planner, forecast planner or capacity planner.
- Experience working in and alongside teams of data & analytics professionals to deliver on business-driven analytics projects collaborating across business functions.
- In depth experience performing tasks such as data discovery, cleaning, model selection, validation, parameter tuning, and deployment.
- Ability to prioritize workload and multi task with attention to detail
- Experience in managing multiple stakeholders in a global setup with stakeholders present across the globe
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills as well as good business judgment
- Ability to work both independently and with larger teams
- Beneficial to have: reporting or MIS skills, experience in R (or other statistical packages), and experience with WFM tools is desirable
Airbnb is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, genetic features, language, religion or belief, political or any other opinion, membership of a national minority, property, birth, disability, age or sexual orientation.