Senior Backend Engineer, Monetization (China SF)
San Francisco, United States
About Airbnb China
As an independent business unit, China is one of the major engines behind Airbnb's global growth. The company has increased its investment in China and experienced rapid growth since officially entering the market at the end of 2015. Airbnb continues to focus on product localization and innovation to better serve local users and enhance the user experience, nurture a trusting local community, and engage Chinese Millennial travelers with inspiring brand moments. As one of the leaders in the home sharing industry, Airbnb works with partners across many fields to actively promote the sustainable development of this emerging industry and achieve win-win results for everyone. Airbnb will continue to build an efficient local team, bringing the end-to-end, authentic travel experience to Chinese travelers, and creating a world where "anyone can belong anywhere".
About this Position
China is one of the largest and fastest growing travel markets and a critical piece to Airbnb's mission. Here we want to build a localized product team that best serves Chinese users and market, enabling everyone to truly "belong anywhere".
We are now looking for talented software engineers to work on search ranking and monetization for Airbnb China, providing our guests and hosts an intelligent product and building a healthy marketplace that grows sustainably.
- 5+ years of industry experience or a PhD with 2+ years industry experience in Backend System
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree, preferably in CS, or equivalent experience.
- Strong coding skills in Python/Java/C++/Scala or equivalent for high performant production quality code.
- Work experience in the following technologies: Java, SQL DB, No-SQL DB, Kafka, Hive, Spark, Airflow or equivalent
- Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application (e.g., well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms).
- Experience with best practices such as A/B testing, continuous integration.
- Prior experience in machine learning is a plus.
- Strong data analytics skill is a plus.
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more…