Senior Staff Engineer, Mobile - Developer Platform
San Francisco, United States
The Team and Role:
Developer Platform enables Airbnb developers to be efficient and productive. We own mobile, web and backend developer experience and frameworks, and aim to provide high quality tools for writing, testing, and debugging code. Additionally, many core aspects of Airbnb’s client architecture are owned and managed by these teams.
You will play a critical role in helping to define Airbnb app strategy and architecture. As a senior technical individual contributor, you will partner closely with our senior leaders across the broader technical organization. Although you will be at one of our highest levels of seniority, all individual contributors at Airbnb are Software Engineers which means we expect you to be hands on and contribute code.
What you would do:
- Architect and build the next-generation of our mobile infrastructure including client frameworks, IDE integrations and build and test tools
- Design & drive new integrations across other teams within Airbnb
- Influence and collaborate with engineering leaders, product managers, and the business to develop a unified approach to Mobile engineering at Airbnb
- Understand how key technical decisions will drive business outcomes
- Provide technical leadership, establish and evangelize best engineering practices across the organization and company; advise and mentor engineers
What we are looking for:
- 10+ years relevant experience in a fast paced, high growth tech environment
- Technical leadership: hands on experience leading project teams and setting technical direction and strategy
- Strong communication and collaboration skills. Examples of working across teams and organizations on technical initiatives.
- Experience with improving mobile architecture (strategically) and developer tooling/libraries (tactically) of a high traffic app
- Extensive Java/Kotlin experience for Android OR Swift/Objective-C experience for iOS
- Shipped apps to millions of users in the past
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Apple equipment
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Much more...