Senior Data Scientist - Analytics, Trust
San Francisco, United States
Airbnb has become a global platform that connects travelers and hosts from over 81,000 cities. Our Data Science team draws insights from our rich two-sided marketplace data to propel our community and product forward. Together we can create a place where we can belong anywhere.
Information is only valuable if it is understood. As a Data Scientist focused on analytics, you’ll have the opportunity to influence the business by creatively exploring the data to inform what we do differently. You’ll define success and measure our progress, and you’ll make sure that your team and the company overall know what is happening. We think of data as the voice of the user at scale. You’ll be that translator. And because Airbnb is a global product with people traveling to each other’s homes, you’ll be responsible for understanding what works differently in those cultural contexts.
We are a group of data scientists working on products and analytics to enhance Trust and Safety on Airbnb’s platform. What’s the best way to know our users are who they say they are? How do we balance fraud prevention and user experience? As a Data Scientist working on Analytics, Trust, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with a strong team of engineers, product managers, designers and operation agents to build scalable and robust systems to detect, prevent and mitigate fraud on Airbnb. You will be involved in building highly available and real-time risk detection services to understand ever evolving attack vectors and to keep Airbnb a safe and trusted community.
We have a strong team of data scientists, our work is highly sought-after, and our impact on the business is tremendous. If you have a proven background in this field and are excited to help build Airbnb’s community, we want to hear from you.
- Define and evaluate key metrics and understand what moves them and why
- Ownership of conceptualizing, developing, and maintaining dashboards and visualizations
- Investigate evolving fraud trends to extract patterns, identify root causes and propose actionable solutions
- Communicate analyses and recommendations to cross functional stakeholders for decision making
- Empower the team to answer data questions quickly and easily by building high-quality ground truth data sets
Qualities we value:
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field. PhD is a plus.
- 5+ years of professional industry experience in a quantitative analysis role
- Advanced in SQL and proficient with a programming language, with Python or R a plus
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to cross functional partners of varying technical levels
- Ability to define relevant metrics that can guide and influence stakeholders to the appropriate and accurate insights
- Experience or willingness to learn tools to create data pipelines using Airflow
- Building clear and easy to understand dashboards (Tableau) and presentations
- $2,000 yearly employee travel coupon
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life & disability coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status