Senior Staff Engineer - Search Infrastructure, Knowledge Systems
San Francisco, United States
Search is at the core of the Airbnb marketplace that connects our guests and hosts. It helps guests find the best homes and experiences to fit their needs and wants. The Search Infrastructure team is building distributed search systems and large scale data pipelines that power Homes and Experiences search. We collaborate with cross-functional partners to revolutionize Airbnb search experience, and advance Airbnb’s mission to help anyone feel like they can belong anywhere.
Come join Airbnb’s travel knowledge graph effort to build a foundational intelligence layer to power advanced contextual search and exceptional user experience. The travel graph captures the knowledge about the various aspects of travel through holistic understanding of the travel landscape at a very large scale. Our team builds data systems, exciting technology and systems that are the foundation for substantial advances in Airbnb’s Search capabilities including Airbnb’s Travel Graph, Location Understanding, and Real-time User State.
We are looking for a senior individual contributor/tech lead to take on a proactive role in shaping the future of the travel graph and travel knowledge and lead critical, impactful projects for Airbnb across data and infrastructure which play a vital role in redefining Search and innovating product features.
Areas of work and expertise include Knowledge inference systems such as Web based text mining, categorization, scoring systems, entity recognition & extraction, and infrastructure components, including graph storage, serving, data driven architectures and more.
What we are looking for:
- 8-10+ years experience in building Data Quality systems, including real world application of Machine Learning, Information Retrieval, and NLP
- Proven experience and successful track record of leading ambitious large scale projects as an individual contributor
- Strong engineering skills, comfortable with contributing on both algorithmic and system development
- Experience in leading complex technical projects and collaborating with other teams across organization boundaries
- Preferred additional experience in geo-spatial data systems, Personalization, Search systems, and Knowledge Graphs
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD in CS or related field
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Apple equipment
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Much more...