Staff Technical Program Manager, Mobile
San Francisco, United States
Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can Belong Anywhere. As we grow to achieve that mission, we’re looking to add a technical, hands-on, and mission-driven Technical Program Manager (TPM) to the team. In this role you will be responsible for end-to-end release management for iOS and Android applications by effectively partnering with both the engineering and QA teams. You will monitor and mitigate any post release issues, and provide transparency on app stability and store ratings. You will also have an opportunity to evolve release management tooling as well as expand to lead mobile technology foundation improvement programs (e.g. logging and deep linking).
- Manage and oversee weekly iOS and Android releases, effectively collaborating with native engineers, QA and App Store processes.
- Monitor releases for issues and ensure appropriate mitigation plans are completed. Take point on Apple Appstore and Google Playstore coordination.
- Identify and execute on opportunities to improve our release management framework and associated tooling
- Be the single point of contact for our Incident Management team to support and triage escalated and emergency release related issues.
- Work with the production design and marketing team on artwork for featured releases.
- Improve app rating and stability by driving mobile foundation improvements.
- Influence mobile strategy and vision by providing mobile focused insights and data to technical leadership at monthly program reviews.
- Increase team productivity by removing obstacles and keeping processes lean.
- Maintain urgency by ensuring there is strong collaboration within multiple parts of the organization who may have completing priorities.
- Provide visibility into key performance indicators so leaders are aware of risks and opportunities.
- You have 2+ years experience in Release Management on both iOS and Android.
- You have 3+ years experience working with native app development in any function.
- Passion for mobile development and scaling processes for building on the iOS and Android platforms.
- Experience developing processes where few exist, and demonstrated flexibility to get things done.
- Demonstrated ability to work through ambiguity to detailed solutions. You can take a vague problem, crisply frame the challenge, identify a path forward, and drive an initiative over the finish-line.
- Self-motivated, proactive and proven ability to adapt well and work with teams having different operating cadences.
- Detail-oriented and able to understand the bigger picture by using your technical expertise and problem solving abilities to prioritize and manage blocking issues.
- Experience working in a highly cross-functional environment where communication with multiple groups is imperative.
- Ability to ramp up quickly and learn new technologies with minimal lag time.
- Excellent written and oral business communication and people skills, with the ability to influence stakeholders.
- Exhibit knowledge of Jira or other equivalent task management tooling.
- BA/BS degree, 10 years experience in software development industry
- $2000 yearly employee travel coupon
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life & disability coverage
- 401K match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
Candidate Privacy Notice
If you are a California resident, learn about what personal information we collect about you and how we use it here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status