Lead Counsel, Employment & Ethics
San Francisco, United States
We are looking for brilliant minds to join Airbnb. In particular, those who have a passion for the sharing economy and the drive and dedication needed to continue delighting our users and to enable them to share unique and meaningful experiences around the world.
You must have excellent judgment in both assessing legal risks and business strategy, and a proven ability to lead in a complex and fast-paced environment. We’re looking for a highly adaptable and collaborative person who can handle ambiguity and rapidly shifting priorities with flexibility, patience, and poise.
The role is currently expected to be based in San Francisco, though we are exploring our remote working model, and may update location options in the future.
- Provide legal and strategic advice and counsel to internal clients and legal colleagues on employment, ethics, and compliance issues, including prevention of harassment and discrimination, anti-bribery and corruption, and ethics issues
- Independently support key Talent and Business partners on complex and challenging employment issues.
- Support the creation & management of our employment & compliance policies.
- Manage high-visibility, high-stakes employment & compliance issues, disputes, and investigations.
- Become a trusted partner across Employee Experience global functions.
- Support our comprehensive ethics & compliance program by leading cross-functional compliance investigations, proactively identifying compliance risks and ways to mitigate, and ensuring that our program evolves and remains relevant with our stakeholders.
- Support Airbnb’s commitment to building and maintaining a diverse workplace, free of discrimination and harassment.
- Drive cross-functional projects to improve our global employment compliance.
- Creative, flexible and experienced attorney.
- 12-15 years of relevant experience with a significant amount of employment law experience
- Strong, proven ability to work cross functionally with business partners.
- Extensive experience leading and/or advising on investigations
- General experience with working in an international and multicultural working environment with geographically dispersed team members.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and pressurized environment and to act decisively.
- Provide quick, concise, and practical legal advice consistent with Airbnb’s business objectives.
- Advise and where necessary problem-solve proactively
- A passion for Airbnb’s mission, with a strong knowledge and interest in travel.
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- In-house experience, preferably in the technology sector.
- Computer literacy with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Qualified lawyer with Bar admission in the United States.