Product Manager, Experiences
San Francisco, United States
About the Org
Airbnb Experiences are activities designed and led by inspiring locals. They go beyond typical tours or classes by immersing guests in each host’s unique world. It’s an opportunity for anyone to share and monetize their hobbies, skills, or expertise without needing an extra room. Airbnb Experiences is at the frontier of innovation, creating the new wave of entrepreneurship around the globe and a managed marketplace that blends quality and scale. Even during COVID-19, the Airbnb Experiences led the industry innovation by creating the Online Experiences where hosts and guests engage with a diverse range of authentic and fascinating activities. Online Experiences has become Airbnb’s fastest growing product.
About the Role
In this role, your team and you will be responsible for growing Experiences business for both in-person and Online Experiences by driving product roadmap focused on Host Tools. Your team will drive Experiences offerings globally by identifying the new travel trends, understanding guests needs, identifying what hosts can offer, and building products that connect passionate hosts and guests. Within Experiences, not only will you partner with research, data science, design, and engineering, but you will also partner with guest experience, operations, legal, policy, safety, marketing, and finance.
- Establish the product vision and strategy for Experiences Hosts, as well as the goals to measure success
- Develop product roadmaps and build alignment across product teams, cross-functional partners (FP&A, Marketing, Operations, Customer Experience, Trust, etc.), other Business Units, Airbnb Platform teams, and Leadership/Executive team
- Implement best in class product development and management practices
- Rapidly iterate and evolve the product to meet host needs for a hyper-growth new business unit, while creating extensible and scalable global solutions, and simultaneously looking around corners for future user needs and issues
- Create unique solutions for Experience Hosts, while cohesively fitting into the broader Airbnb ecosystem
- Experience - 8+ years of traditional Product Management experience. Experiences in building marketplace products is a plus.
- Entrepreneur - Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment, while building extensible and scalable solutions. Thrives in ambiguity and a fast changing environment.
- Customer obsession - Passionate about design, obsession with delightful user experience, and ability to bridge the online and offline world
- Product leadership - World class product vision, strategy, planning, development, and execution
- Problem solver - Strong business, analytical, data, and troubleshooting skills. Creatively solve problems by identifying real obstacles and viable solutions.
- Relationship builder - Proven ability to build strong relationships and influence XFN leaders.
- Communication - Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to quickly absorb technical concepts and effectively simplify and communicate them to a non-technical audience
- Outcome-oriented - Not reactionary, articulates the desired outcome and works collaboratively to create a path to achieve it
- Technical expertise - Deep understanding of technical architecture for complex and highly scalable web and mobile applications
- $2000 yearly employee travel coupon
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life & disability coverage
- 401K match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
Candidate Privacy Notice
If you are a California resident, learn about what personal information we collect about you and how we use it here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status