Engineering Manager, Guest Experience PDP
San Francisco, United States
What is the PDP team at Airbnb?
Airbnb is one of the world’s largest marketplaces for unique, authentic places to stay and things to do, offering over 7 million accommodations and 40,000 handcrafted activities, all powered by local hosts. With more than half a billion guest arrivals to date, and accessible in 62 languages across 220 countries and regions, Airbnb promotes people-to-people connection, community and trust around the world.
The PDP team owns the Product Description Page (aka the listing page) for all inventories on Airbnb. It is one of the most critical surfaces for a guest’s booking experience. On the PDP team, we thrive to build a world class product to help guests easily digest, compare and make decisions among 7+ million listings on Airbnb.
We are a full-stack team owning the product from end to end across all platforms. We work closely with various cross-function partners, such as product, design, data science and research, and operate as an agile team. A few sample projects:
- Product: improve readability and simplify information hierarchy with structured data (e.g. wifi speed).
- Personalization: ML-ranked review highlights.
- Platform & Infra: server-driven UI architecture and performance optimizations.
What does being an Engineering Manager at Airbnb look like?
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead a fullstack team responsible for both product and technical strategies for the PDP team. As an engineering manager on this team, you will play a key role in areas including:
- Collaborating with cross-function partners and building the 6+ months product roadmap.
- Defining tech north stars and driving team execution to improve dev efficiencies, system reliability and performance.
- Collaborating with various partner teams from Host, Relevance, and Infra on various cross-org projects for amplified impact.
- Recruiting and retaining strong talent.
- Mentoring and career development of engineers.
We value Engineering Managers who have:
- 7+ years of full stack engineering experience and 2+ years of hands-on technical management experience.
- Familiar with latest UI technologies such as React, GraphQL, Server-side rendering, etc.
- Familiar with latest backend technologies, such as Java or C++.
- Experience architecting, building, and maintaining highly available services in a large service-oriented architecture (SOA).
- Experience with A/B testing and data-driven decision making.
- Experience with Native technologies (iOS or Android) is a plus.
- Retained, mentored and hired senior engineers and leaders with a track record of building productive, world-class engineering teams.
- Effectively worked with senior leadership in setting strategic 6+ month direction.
- Experience with effectively creating alignments with multiple teams and operating well in ambiguity.
- Been actively involved in setting product strategy.
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Much more...
Location - San Francisco CA