Associate Principal Business Finance & Analytics
San Francisco, United States
Founded in 2008, Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can belong through healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace provides access to 5+ million unique places to stay in more than 81,000 cities and 191 countries. With Experiences, Airbnb offers unprecedented access to local communities and interests through 15,000 unique, handcrafted activities run by hosts across 1,000+ cities around the world. Airbnb's people-to-people platform benefits all its stakeholders, including hosts, guests, employees and the communities in which it operates.
We are hiring for multiple roles within the broader Business Finance & Analytics team. Candidates will be matched to roles based on interest and fit.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Synthesize business trends and insights: Deliver thought leadership and strategic insights through hands-on analysis of internal and external data, and create actionable recommendations.
- Identify opportunities: Identify step-change opportunities through quantitative analysis, industry benchmarks, and competitive research
- Set up reporting: Develop and maintain reporting and analytical frameworks to support our key processes and decision-making cadences such as business reviews and annual strategic planning
- Define goals: Partner with the business in driving performance management, including development and maintenance of portfolio development KPIs, creating goals/OKRs and measuring performance
- 4 to 8 years of relevant experience, ideally a mix of management consulting, business operations, private equity and start-up/operating company experience.
- The ability to work and influence cross-functionally is a must. You are proactive, great at communicating with different audiences and can bring stakeholders on-board. You seek out and have a track record for driving change and impact in a fluid, unstructured working environment.
- You’re someone who possesses grit and finds creative ways to get the job done. You bring high energy and the ability to prioritize and deliver in a fast paced environment.
- Strong analytical abilities and able to synthesize complex information. You enjoy absorbing large amounts of data and qualitative insights and can quickly develop a strong narrative that leads to recommendations and builds our understanding of the business.
- You’re not afraid to roll your sleeves up when needed. You’re an expert with financial modeling in Excel and building presentations in PowerPoint / Keynote.
- Highly proficient in SQL.
- A case study will be administered to all candidates that advance in the interview process.
In order to build the world's most loved travel company, we need the world's most interesting and talented people. Are you one of them? If so, we want to talk to you!
Candidate Privacy Notice: If you are a California resident, learn about what personal information we collect about you and how we use it here.