Financial Reporting Manager (Contract)
Founded in 2008, Airbnb exists to create a world where anyone can belong anywhere, providing healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace provides access to 6+ million unique places to stay in nearly 100,000 cities and 191 countries. With Experiences, Airbnb offers unprecedented access to local communities and interests through 30,000+ unique, handcrafted activities run by hosts across 1,000+ markets around the world. Airbnb’s people-to-people platform benefits all its stakeholders, including hosts, guests, employees and the communities in which it operates.
The right candidate is a self-motivated individual with strong skills in risk & compliance, risk assessment, project management, and relationship management. This role requires a self-starter with the ability to operate independently and manage multiple competing priorities with strict deadlines.
The ideal candidate will have experience in regulatory banking compliance and/or financial services risk management.
- Produce complete, accurate and timely monthly Payments entity financial statements with supporting schedules and present to the Payments CFO and Head of Payments for approval
- Support implementation of compliance program; including, but not limited to:
- Development, documentation and oversight of controls, policies and standard operating procedures
- Assessment of regulatory risk
- Conducting testing and monitoring
- Develop compliance program for any new Payments entities
- Lead audit with 3rd party auditors of Payments entity financials and be primary contact for regulatory audits
- Assist with remediation of issues identified through controls or audits
- Reporting submissions (as required by EMEA countries)
- Maintain compliance program through:
- Providing guidance to business partners relating to the development of controls for critical business processes to mitigate compliance/operational risk
- Providing ongoing support of business unit’s issue management and remediation efforts
- Provide local entity oversight of processing accounts and banking relationships, working with the global treasury team
- Handle both proactive and reactive needs arising from additional oversight and manage corresponding take away items. Partner on these items with internal teams such as Treasury, Cash Operations, Legal Compliance and Payments Engineering teams
- Minimum of 8 years of experience a banking, finance, compliance or accounting role with related professional certification.
- Working knowledge of EMEA regulatory requirements essential, with an emphasis on Luxembourg compliance.
- Strong knowledge of testing design, management and execution.
- Advanced analytical, cross-referencing and deductive reasoning skills.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Participate in a cross-functional adhoc project work.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and facilitate stakeholders to achieve project goals within compliance or risk area.
- Ability to analyze risks in complex business processes, and recommend controls to mitigate those risks.
- Proven ability to develop effective, matrixed, cross-organization relationships, collaborating and communicating across business and technology stakeholders and multiple geographies
- Excellent project management, organizational, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Skill in focusing on desired results, determining what is important and urgent, and clarifying next steps
- Thrives working in a fast-paced environment while maintaining composure and able to make sound decisions under pressure