Payment Risk Lead, Analytics
Portland, United States or
San Francisco, United States or
Seattle, United States
Founded in 2008, Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can belong through healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace provides access to 5+ million unique places to stay in more than 81,000 cities and 191 countries. With Experiences, Airbnb offers unprecedented access to local communities and interests through 15,000 unique, handcrafted activities run by hosts across 1,000+ cities around the world. Airbnb's people-to-people platform benefits all its stakeholders, including hosts, guests, employees and the communities in which it operates.
In order to build the world's most loved travel company, we need the world's most interesting and talented people. Are you one of them? If so, we want to talk to you!
This role is dedicated to fulfilling the data governance and reporting needs of Payments Fraud Operations in order to support management decisions, Quality Assurance audits, and implementation of mitigating controls. In-depth knowledge of data governance practices as well as an understanding of Marketplace or FinTech Payment Fraud is preferred. The primary responsibility of this position will be to report on Payment Fraud Operations activity in an accurate and timely manner to both internal and external stakeholders on a recurring and ad hoc basis.
Role & Responsibilities
- Design and build efficient and accurate reporting across the Payment Fraud Operations programs
- Develop and maintain reporting framework to support our key processes and decision-making
- Extract, sanitize, analyze, and report on key data for recurring reporting and ad hoc requests
- Manipulate large datasets and utilize visualization tools to streamline its interpretation and management
- Collaborate across members of our team to develop and maintain processes and data management techniques
- Shape communication/messaging for different audiences
- Create dashboards and other techniques for the display of data to senior management
- Develop a methodology for consistent use of data across the team
- Strong knowledge of Excel and SQL
- 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following (preferred): Chargeback management, Marketplace/FinTech fraud operations, and/or data analytics
- Experience importing, exporting, and manipulating data
- Strong knowledge understanding of data integration and data quality
- Ability to quickly retrieve, organize, and analyze complex data sets to detect patterns, trends and anomalies
- Strong data analysis and data modeling skills on large, enterprise-based initiatives.
- Working knowledge of data architectures, data normalization and data classification
- Hands-on experience with industry leading data governance tools.
- In depth experience in data visualization tools ie. Tableau, Chartist, Keynote, G-Slides
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills
- Good project discipline, operating as part of a team or across teams to reach agreement to the enterprise view of the data
- Implementing best practices for data governance practices related to standard naming, data definitions, taxonomy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate love for data and a curious mind