Senior Accountant, Total Compensation
Founded in 2008, Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can belong through healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace provides access to 6+ million unique places to stay in 81,000 cities and more than 191 countries. With Experiences, Airbnb offers unprecedented access to local communities and interests through 20,000 unique, handcrafted activities run by hosts across 1,000+ cities around the world. Airbnb’s people-to-people platform benefits all its stakeholders, including hosts, guests, employees and the communities in which it operates. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
In order to build the world's most loved travel company, we need the world's most interesting and talented people. Are you one of them? If so, we want to talk to you!
Airbnb is looking for a highly qualified Total Compensation Senior Accountant to join the Global Payroll Accounting team supporting Airbnb’s rapid and sustained global growth. The candidate will be responsible for reconciling and analyzing payroll related balance sheet and P&L accounts and ensuring transactions are processed and reported in the company’s financial system. The ideal candidate will have outstanding problem solving skills and enjoys working in a challenging and fast–paced, high-growth environment. Strong attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines consistently and capability to work well under pressure is a must.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee accurate and timely reporting during the month-end close process
- Assist in preparing complex journal entries, and review/prepare balance sheet reconciliations
- Provide requests to external auditors for both GAAP & Statutory audits for respective regions
- Support payroll operations with accounting knowledge
- Support / oversee / liaison with third-party payroll accountants - document / update processes & controls
- Support management in completing special projects, ad-hoc reporting and other tasks as assigned
- Collaborate with all parts of Finance, Legal & Talent to ensure accurate financial statements
- Assist in documentation/implementation of internal controls
Requirements & Qualifications
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance
- CPA/CA preferred
- Public accounting experience preferred
- Minimum of 5 years experience, with at least 1 year relevant month-end close experience
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, organization and critical thinking skills
- Self starter with the ability to form conclusions and present findings
- Team player with the ability to work independently and willingness to take on challenges
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with ERP systems, Workday and/or Oracle
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills