Analyst, Supplier Diversity
Founded in 2008, Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can belong through healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace provides access to 6+ million unique places to stay in 81,000 cities and more than 191 countries. With Experiences, Airbnb offers unprecedented access to local communities and interests through 20,000 unique, handcrafted activities run by hosts across 1,000+ cities around the world. Airbnb’s people-to-people platform benefits all its stakeholders, including hosts, guests, employees and the communities in which it operates. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
In order to build the world's most loved travel company, we need the world's most interesting and talented people. Are you one of them? If so, we want to talk to you!
Who We’re Looking for
The ideal candidate has a genuine passion about Diversity, is curious with excellent problem-solving skills, and a track record of providing insights and recommendations. The candidate is expected to be a valuable contributor and report to Supplier Relationship Program Lead. The program analyst duties include managing workflows that synthesize wide-ranging supplier data from disparate sources. The role will analyze key performance indicators, metrics, evaluations and benchmark program performance. Additionally, the candidate will support other concurrent program initiatives including market research, data validation, ad hoc project execution, and internal and external communications support. The candidate pays attention to details and quality control.
You are committed to building an inclusive supply base, are highly results-driven and target-focused. You see the big picture and are a great team player, effectively working with individuals across cultures and timezones. You have strong communication skills and an ability to take big ideas and translate them into actions. You consistently inspire those around you to do the same. It is a bonus to have worked in a startup or other high growth, fast paced company.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to planning and executing:
- Lead supplier diversity initiatives and oversee the day-to-day aspects of our supplier diversity program.
- Partner closely with the business to drive inclusive sourcing practices.
- Proactive in identifying opportunities to engage and use diverse suppliers.
- Organize and analyze data sets originating from ERP system, data enrichment reports, prime supplier subcontracting reports, and in-house knowledge management systems.
- Perform / oversee spend analysis, data mining, program forecasting, and ad hoc reporting.
- Research and maintain industry knowledge; identify and monitor trends.
- Draft briefing correspondence, develop and maintain internal templates, standard operating procedures (SOPs) and other required documentations and processes. .
- Manage integration of supplier diversity strategies as a business and solution enabler.
- Respond to ad-hoc requests and supports the development of solutions to address challenges.
- Represent Airbnb at industry events and conferences.
- 2-3 years of operational finance, supply chain or other relevant experience.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills (i.e. advanced formulas, pivot tables, data validation).
- Must be comfortable working with quantitative and qualitative data sets (i.e. financial, savings analyses).
- Must be organized and possess solid communication (written and oral) and presentation skills.
- Moderate proficiency with Mac OS, Google business tools, and Keynote.
- Strong data analytics, organization, and data visualization skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with remote teams.
- Undergraduate degree.
Our expectation of procurement discipline execution is traditional, our approach is not. We focus on the how – how you do anything is you do everything. We encourage you to:
- Think big: Think broadly for the company, build comprehensive commercials solutions.
- Lead it: Step forward to address difficult issues and in doing so lead courageously, putting self on the line to deal with important problems, standing firm when necessary for the good of the company.
- Own it: take ownership and drive for results while exemplifying a positive attitude.
- Solve it: apply critical thinking to simplify complex problems.
- Get it done: be proactive, bias for action, and solution focused.
- Have fun!
Candidates that are located in the Atlanta area strongly preferred.