Account Manager - UK & DACH Enterprise Accounts (Contract)
London, United Kingdom
Founded in 2008, Airbnb exists to create a world where anyone can belong anywhere, providing healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace provides access to 6+ million unique places to stay in nearly 100,000 cities and 191 countries. With Experiences, Airbnb offers unprecedented access to local communities and interests through 30,000+ unique, handcrafted activities run by hosts across 1,000+ markets around the world. Airbnb’s people-to-people platform benefits all its stakeholders, including hosts, guests, employees and the communities in which it operates.
THIS IS A 12 MONTH CONTRACT ROLE
- Own the strategy and execution for a key account portfolio on behalf of all Airbnb and HotelTonight professional accommodations categories
- Define and implement a win-win strategy for accounts that drives value to all parties and positions Airbnb and HotelTonight as a top strategic partner across all distributors. When accounts are global in nature, ensure that the strategy is set up to success across all geographies.
- Understand the needs of different functions within the partner organization and convert them into impactful action plans. Through your action plans, you deliver on short-term milestones while simultaneously advancing long-term goals (win a marathon vs. sprint)
- Act as an ambassador for Airbnb in external meetings with Enterprise Account partners and attend industry conferences
- Negotiate complex partnership structures to unify a partner’s presence across multiple platforms or build on existing deals to support mutual priorities. Once partnership structures are agreed upon, you will be responsible for project managing the entire supplier lifecycle.
- Work with partners to ensure that the partnership is held to the highest industry standards and that commercial agreements as well as SLAs (onboarding, feature use, optimization, builds) are met based on mutually agreed upon timelines.
- Help us measure, track and improve host sentiment with a special focus on partnering with CS to solve host issues
- Work to ensure host quality standards are met across a given portfolio
- Conduct regular business reviews, formal presentations for internal and external purposes.
- Develop KPIs in partnership with our leadership and regional teams and measure success against those KPIs.
- Leverage data to make decisions on how to best expand and enhance professional accommodation supply through existing partnerships.
- Monitor & analyze over/underperformance, market trends, growth opportunities or anomalies and regularly communicate performance to regional leaders and executives leveraging available production data and global market insight.
- Develop cohesive business cases on behalf of key accounts with the goal of unlocking revenue generating opportunities and elevating Airbnb to the best in class OTA experience. Through these initiatives, you will ultimately influence roadmaps across the organization (CS, Product, Engineering, Data Science, and Finance) to arrive at the desired end state.
- Act as a thought leader and central point person across the org on our strategy and communicate impact to relevant teams in a timely and clear manager.
- 5+ years of experience leading business development initiatives (Finance or analyst experience a plus)
- Proven track record setting strategies and delivering on them.
- Extensive experience analyzing, structuring and negotiating complex deals that align across multiple business unit needs
- Ability to navigate challenging conversations and drive success of complex initiatives across multiple functions (externally and internally)
- Fearless negotiator who will fight to settle for nothing less than the most favorable terms.
- Comfortable performing data analysis and making decisions based on the results.
- Ability to balance time spent between strategic initiatives and diving into the details when necessary
- Experience building and strengthening relationships with external partners
- Strong executive presence and the ability to effectively make recommendations to top leaders internally and within the industry.
- Have a passion for redefining travel, Airbnb, and being the best!
- Proactive self-starter able to prioritize and manage work autonomously.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills
- Language skills: English (German a strong plus)
- Ability to travel at least 25% of the time