Accounting Manager, Total Compensation
Founded in 2008, Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can belong through healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace provides access to 6+ million unique places to stay in 81,000 cities and more than 191 countries. With Experiences, Airbnb offers unprecedented access to local communities and interests through 20,000 unique, handcrafted activities run by hosts across 1,000+ cities around the world. Airbnb’s people-to-people platform benefits all its stakeholders, including hosts, guests, employees and the communities in which it operates. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
In order to build the world's most loved travel company, we need the world's most interesting and talented people. Are you one of them? If so, we want to talk to you!
Airbnb is looking for a highly qualified Total Compensation Accounting Manager to join the Global Payroll Accounting team supporting Airbnb’s rapid and sustained global growth. The candidate will be responsible for interpreting and accounting for Airbnb’s global compensation programs. Additional responsibilities include proactive collaboration with various business partners in Finance, Legal and Talent, and acting as the subject matter expert for payroll and equity accounting. This role is responsible for ensuring consistent, timely, and the high-quality recording and analysis of Airbnb’s compensation programs and to provide actionable reporting while consistently improving processes.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Review month and quarter end close activities, including journal entries, detail and summary level analysis of impacts to the balance sheet and income statement, balance sheet account reconciliations, and reporting schedules ensuring accuracy and completeness
- Serve as subject matter expert for various strategic payroll initiatives and key projects
- Collaborate with all parts of Finance, Legal & Talent to ensure accurate financial statements
- Research, provide guidance and write accounting memos for complex compensation programs and proactively recommend and implement processes for accounting for these programs
- Identify and implement process improvements to reduce manual payroll accounting processes
- Mentor and provide guidance on compensation and benefit accounting activities to the payroll and equity teams
- Respond timely and accurately to audit requests, escalated issues, aged items, and reconciliation accounting items
Requirements & Qualifications
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance
- CPA/CA preferred
- Public accounting experience preferred
- Minimum of 7 years accounting experience with extensive knowledge and understanding of payroll
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, organization and critical thinking skills
- Self starter with the ability to form conclusions and present findings
- Team player with the ability to work independently and willingness to take on challenges
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with ERP systems, Workday and/or Oracle
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills