Senior Software Engineer, Core Host
San Francisco, United States
Airbnb is one of the world’s largest marketplaces for unique, authentic places to stay and things to do, offering over 7 million accommodations and 40,000 handcrafted activities, all powered by local hosts. As an economic empowerment engine, Airbnb has helped millions of hospitality entrepreneurs monetize their spaces and their passions while keeping the financial benefits of tourism in their own communities. With more than half a billion guest arrivals to date, and accessible in 62 languages across 220 countries and regions, Airbnb promotes people-to-people connection, community and trust around the world.
About Core Host at Airbnb
Core hosts are the heart and soul of Airbnb homes and our truest differentiator. Hosts are our brand and enable amazing travel experiences for our guests. The mission of Core Host teams is to make hosting appealing, rewarding and easy. We are building capabilities that allow us to recruit and retain hosts at a global scale. In this particular year, we are preparing to get ourselves ready for a once-in-a-century travel rebound.
About the Role
We are looking for Senior Software Engineers with expertise in frontend or backend engineering to help us build a delightful experience in every stage of the hosting journey. You will get the unique career opportunity to work across multiple agile product teams and make a significant impact on our host community around the world.
Your day-to-day responsibilities includes:
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Experience Designers and Engineers to design and deliver high-quality products and platforms.
- Build efficient and reusable backend (or frontend) components and architect reliable, performant, and scalable systems.
- Follow data-driven approaches to conduct experiments and iterate features.
- Evaluate and prototype with new technologies and techniques that can be added to our tech stack
- Mentor and support other engineers in the team and related teams
- 6+ years industry experience
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree, preferably in CS, or equivalent experience
- Experience in building and scaling high-quality and high-traffic products (or systems).
- Ability to evaluate technical approaches and design product solutions to solve real-world problems.
- Ability to drive alignment, manage projects and effectively collaborate with stakeholders.
- Mentorship to junior developers
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...