Senior Software Engineer, Pro Host
San Francisco, United States
About Hosting at Airbnb
When Airbnb first started, we introduced the world to Hosting. Hosting is Airbnb’s core business and we work on everything from driving improvements to the Host experience to launching new product verticals from the ground up. The Hosting team aims to inspire and empower people around the world to live richer lives by Hosting on Airbnb. Hosting means many things here at Airbnb. We support Hosts who offer individual Homes, Experiences, multiple Homes, and Hotels on the platform. Within engineering, Hosting is critical to driving and maintaining our Airbnb Community, with our work significantly impacting a wide range of products and users. If you are energized by having your work gain high visibility to millions of users and drive impact for the company's bottom line, Hosting is a great place to launch and amplify your Airbnb career.
About Pro Hosting at Airbnb
The Pro Host team partners with businesses around the world to create the future of hospitality. We empower anyone with a passion for providing magical hospitality to build and grow a successful business on Airbnb.
The Hosting Tools team builds the online Pro-tools for all Airbnb Hosts (professional and core hosts). We operate at all levels of the stack: frontend, backend, data, and mobile. We are looking for a Full-stack engineer to help us build hosting tools for our hosts.
Example Projects include
- Host Performance Dashboard
- Host demand lever dashboard
- Host inventory management
- Teams collaborative tool
- Host side homepage
- Host On-boarding
- Build the next-gen of core tools used by millions of hosts
- Build services and APIs to drive existing and new features for web and mobile apps
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Experience Designers to iterate on the design and implementation of our product
- Design & drive new integrations across other teams within Airbnb .
- Collaborate with core infrastructure teams such as Storage & Services framework on innovative solutions.
- Find and address performance issues
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Identify areas of improvement and advocate for back-end best practices
- 6+ years of full-time work experience in software engineering, information technology, or related domains.
- Willing to work across the stack to address technical challenges anywhere in the system.
- Interest in working in a cross-functional team that touches many of the core systems and user flows at Airbnb.
- Proficiency in one or more backend server languages (Ruby/Python/Java/Go/C++/etc.), and expertise in popular storage systems such as relational databases, noSQL and caching.
- Experience with designing and building large scale production systems or features.
- Knowledge of SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) designs.
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more…
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status