Staff Technical Program Manager, Reliability
San Francisco, United States
Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can Belong Anywhere. As we grow to achieve that mission, we’re looking to add a technical, hands-on, and mission-driven Technical Program Manager (TPM) to the team.
Ensuring our product is available for hosts and guests of Airbnb is the most important objective for our reliability team. Unfortunately, we don't always meet that objective. Learning from these incidents, identifying root causes and ensuring we execute on corrective actions is at the heart of this new role in our organization. We are looking for candidates who share our passion for tackling complexity, and delivering predictable and consistent results. This person should have a strong sense of ownership and ability to think and work strategically with stakeholders.
- Partner with Incident Management as they handoff problem resolution for critical incidents to you as the single owner to drive forward to resolution
- Participate in weekly After Action Reviews (AARs) to listen and understand, identify root causes, and elevate thematic problems to address.
- Report out problems, root causes and progress toward resolution at monthly technical leadership review meetings
- Manage and continuously optimize delivery activities and processes by ensuring effective prioritization / trade-offs against an overall strategy and organizational constraints
- Simplify solutions that build with the long term in mind
- Maintain urgency by ensuring there is strong collaboration within multiple parts of the organization who may have competing priorities.
- Quickly drive conversations toward productive solutions by including the right stakeholders, weighing pros/cons, business needs, and timelines for masterful execution and delivery.
- Drive company-wide strategic initiatives with efficiency and speed
- Demonstrated ability to work through ambiguity to detailed solutions. You can take a vague problem, crisply frame the challenge, identify a path forward, and drive an initiative over the finish-line.
- Self-motivated, proactive and proven ability to adapt well and work with teams having different operating cadences.
- Sound business judgment, a proven ability to influence others, strong analytical skills, and a track record of taking ownership, leading data driven analyses, and influencing results
- Experience developing processes where little exists, and demonstrated flexibility to get things done.
- Detail-oriented and able to understand the bigger picture by using your technical expertise and problem solving abilities to prioritize and manage blocking issues.
- Ability to ramp up quickly and learn new technologies with minimal lag time.
- Excellent written and oral business communication and people skills, with the ability to influence stakeholders.
- 10 years technical project/program management or relevant experience
Candidate Privacy Notice
If you are a California resident, learn about what personal information we collect about you and how we use it here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status