Software Engineer, Compliance
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to 4 million Hosts who have welcomed over 800 million guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer one-of-a-kind stays and unique Experiences that make it possible for guests to experience the world in a more authentic, connected way.
About Airbnb China
The company has increased its investment in China and historically experienced rapid growth since officially entering the market at the end of 2015. Airbnb continues to focus on product localization and innovation to better serve local users and enhance the user experience, nurture a trusting local community, and engage Chinese Millennial travelers with inspiring brand moments. As one of the leaders in the home sharing industry, Airbnb works with partners across many fields to actively promote the sustainable development of this emerging industry and achieve win-win results for everyone. Airbnb will continue to build an efficient local team, bringing the authentic travel experience to Chinese travelers.
About Compliance Team
Compliance team’s goal includes but not limited to guaranteeing Airbnb’s business can operate legally compliant in the China market, helping the community to better handle regulation press, ease their pain, protect privacy and data integrity in the process, and remove friction where possible. It’s very important and challenging to make us trusted and relied so hosts and guests can choose us when travelling.
We are looking for Full Stack engineers with:
- Exceptional ability to work anywhere in the technical stack, delivering quality code both on the frontend and backend.
- Fluency in any backend server language, and expertise in relational databases and schema design.
- Strong motivation to drive impact by making product improvements.
- Strong analytical thinking, experienced with making product decisions based on data and A/B testing.
- Proactiveness, good communication and fast learning.
- Interest in working in a very cross-functional team that touches many of the core systems and user flows at Airbnb.
- Working proficiency in English and Mandarin required.