Associate Principal Business Finance & Analytics, EMEA
Founded in 2008, Airbnb exists to create a world where anyone can belong anywhere, providing healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace provides access to 6+ million unique places to stay in nearly 100,000 cities and 191 countries. With Experiences, Airbnb offers unprecedented access to local communities and interests through 30,000+ unique, handcrafted activities run by hosts across 1,000+ markets around the world. Airbnb’s people-to-people platform benefits all its stakeholders, including hosts, guests, employees and the communities in which it operates.
In order to build the world's most loved travel company, we need the world's most interesting and talented people. Are you one of them? If so, we want to talk to you!
The Associate Principal will partner with Hosting Services and Hosting leadership to deliver against our mandate of synthesizing business trends to deliver actionable insights, driving planning and allocation of resources, and supporting key strategic projects from ideation through implementation. The ideal candidate relishes the opportunity to roll-up their sleeves to drive meaningful impact, and is a self-starter that is comfortable embracing the adventure of working in a fast-paced environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Deliver thought leadership and strategic insights through hands-on analysis of across the Hosting Services Business.
- Develop and maintain reporting and analytical frameworks to support our key processes and decision-making cadences such as annual strategic planning and long-range planning
- Partner with the business in driving performance management, including development and ongoing analysis of KPIs, creating goals/OKRs, and measuring performance.
- Identify opportunities for growth and risk mitigation through analysis of supply / demand dynamics, take rate strategy, competitive intelligence, pricing structure design, and cancellation policies
- Develop a deep understanding of what levers drive growth and efficiency for our business and translating that into tangible improvements in our unit economics
- Identify step-change opportunities through quantitative analysis, industry benchmarks, and competitive research
- In conjunction with our Fin Ops team, leads finance support including budgeting, planning, monthly/quarterly close, forecasting, variance analysis, long-range planning, financial reporting, and P&L management
Requirements & Qualifications
- 8+ years of relevant experience. Ideally you have an analytical background in biz ops, management consulting, investment banking, private equity, or strategic finance.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, mathematics, accounting, engineering, statistics or other relevant field that demonstrates quantitative orientation; MBA or advanced degree a plus
- Superb financial modeling skills and extensive experience conducting quantitative and qualitative financial analysis
- Strong knowledge of SQL or some other querying language and using those tools to help synthesize complex information. You can comfortably manipulate large datasets, create new analytical frameworks, and develop actionable insights and strategic narratives appropriate for an executive audience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to put together clear, insightful recommendations for peers, managers and senior management in both French and English
- The ability to work and influence cross-functionally is a must. You are proactive, great at communicating with different audiences and can bring stakeholders on-board. You seek out and have a track record for driving change and impact in a fluid, unstructured working environment.
- You’re someone who possesses grit and finds creative ways to get the job done. You bring high energy and the ability to prioritize and deliver in a fast paced environment while balancing multiple projects
- Experience with Salesforce, Tableau or other sales and business intelligence tools is a plus
- Experience with travel and hospitality metrics is a plus