Product Marketing Lead, Host
San Francisco, United States
Founded in 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 190 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
It takes an entire team united behind something big. Together, we work hard, we laugh a lot, we brainstorm nonstop, and are passionate about the company and our values.
Airbnb’s hosts are at the core of the business. Sharing anything from a private room, a vacation home, or an experience they’re passionate about, our hosts are as diverse as the 191 countries in which they operate. In order to advance our mission of creating a world where anyone can belong, we need to grow our community of hosts and make sure they have what they need to be successful.
We’re looking for an experienced Marketer to help grow and engage our global host community through development of strategic product surfaces, entry points, and lifecycle programs. We believe that product and marketing should be synonymous, and we need someone to be the voice of our hosts and shape the way we communicate with them. The ideal candidate will be obsessed with the customer journey and have experience collaborating closely with product, technical, growth and creative teams. We’re looking for someone who likes working on fast-moving teams, and who’s equally motivated by the three-year narrative and the three-weeks in front of them.
The Marketing Lead, Host will report to the Head of Host Marketing and will be based in San Francisco. They will be accountable for growing and retaining our host community through successful positioning, product flows & lifecycle programs that show that Airbnb is the best place to host a home or experience. The ideal candidate will be a talented communicator who knows how to normalize new behaviors, grow a community, and lead a category. This is an opportunity to join a high-functioning team at a critical moment, and to make your mark on our company and culture.
- Lead marketing programs on product surfaces to bring new people to hosting and set them up for success, including positioning and value propositions, consumer messaging across product surfaces and entry points, and end to end lifecycle marketing
- Drive global product launches and announcements through the development and execution of insights and data driven product marketing plans.
- Spearhead highly visible programs and directly interact with senior leaders and executives to influence priority company initiatives.
- Partner closely with both technical and creative colleagues across the organization, including product managers, engineers, experience designers, content strategists, researchers, creatives, legal, operations, policy, and PR.
- Shape project briefs and serve as a team lead for creatives and agencies responsible for asset production.
- Develop, measure, and reach objectives and key results at pace without sacrificing quality
- Operate as an individual contributor and a cross-functional leader
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in product or marketing roles at technology companies. Direct experience on travel, design, lifestyle brands a plus.
- Successful history growing new audiences, with proven track record in both acquisition and retention rooted in consumer insights and data.
- Discerning understanding of good creative and marketing communications with a track record of shepherding industry leading and award winning creative work
- Deep subject matter expertise of lifecycle marketing, and ability to build programs from the ground up.
- Best-in-class communication skills with a proven ability to work directly with technical teams, and lead cross functional teams more broadly.
- Excellent writing skills, an eye for detail and a passion for brand narrative
- An understanding and passion for recognizing emerging trends, creative excellence, and new technologies.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines, adjust to changes in priorities, and balance short-term needs with long-term strategic initiatives
- Comfort leading and collaborating with both creative and technical teams, with a combination of analytical and creative abilities with a focus on design and storytelling.