Engineering Manager, Monetization
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to 4 million Hosts who have welcomed over 800 million guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer one-of-a-kind stays and unique Experiences that make it possible for guests to experience the world in a more authentic, connected way.
About Airbnb China
The company has increased its investment in China and historically experienced rapid growth since officially entering the market at the end of 2015. Airbnb continues to focus on product localization and innovation to better serve local users and enhance the user experience, nurture a trusting local community, and engage Chinese Millennial travelers with inspiring brand moments. As one of the leaders in the home sharing industry, Airbnb works with partners across many fields to actively promote the sustainable development of this emerging industry and achieve win-win results for everyone. Airbnb will continue to build an efficient local team, bringing the authentic travel experience to Chinese travelers.
About the Engineering team
China is one of the largest and fastest growing travel markets and a critical piece to Airbnb's mission. Here we want to build a localized product team that best serves Chinese users and market, enabling everyone to truly "belong anywhere".
We are now looking for talented software engineers to join the team, to help us build a strong and fast feedback loop, and adapt our products according to local needs. You will have the chance to thrive on a global platform empowered by deep and localized innovations while building a unique experience for Chinese users.
More details: https://news.airbnb.com/about-us/
About Monetization Team
The goal of Monetization team is to enable sustainable business development for Airbnb. We are a cross functional, distributed team with presence in SF and Beijing. We build algorithms, strategies, engineering foundation and product features to improve the efficiency of the entire platform serving Guests and Hosts. We are directly impacting the success of guests, hosts and Airbnb’s business, and establishing a new ecosystem for our community. We’re looking for talents who are passionate about learning new things, working on challenging problems, and making real world impacts.
About this position
- Be both highly technical and an effective people manager
- Collaborating with cross-function partners (product, operation, data science, design etc.) to develop our strategies, goals, and roadmaps
- Responsible for project execution and delivering strong results
- Responsible for the career growth of your team - everything from 1:1’s to career progression plans etc.
- Responsible for the engineering quality of your team; setting up the correct processes for quality control
- Closely involved in recruiting and building the engineering team
- 2+ years of hands-on technical management experience
- 6+ years of relevant engineering work experience
- Actively coached and mentored team members in their careers
- Strong cross functional communication skill
- Exceptional technical and architecture abilities and experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications
- Experience in setting product strategy and project management
- Proficient in written and reading English. English speaking and listening is a requirement.