Payments Operations Program Manager, LATAM
São Paulo, Brazil
Founded in 2008, Airbnb exists to create a world where anyone can belong anywhere, providing healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace provides access to 6+ million unique places to stay in nearly 100,000 cities and 191 countries. With Experiences, Airbnb offers unprecedented access to local communities and interests through 30,000+ unique, handcrafted activities run by hosts across 1,000+ markets around the world. Airbnb’s people-to-people platform benefits all its stakeholders, including hosts, guests, employees and the communities in which it operates.
We are looking for an experienced Payments Technology Operations Program Manager to join the LATAM Payments team. This person will be responsible for ensuring our day-to-day payment regional operation is healthy, monitoring the Key Performance Indicators and influencing internal stakeholders to deliver critical projects at the regional level. This leader is expected to be solutions oriented, hands on, with a deep passion for problem-solving and good interpersonal communication skills. Ultimately, you are driven by the will to delight our community of guests and hosts by moving funds in a frictionless way.
- Technical assistance to Customer Support team, by handling escalations from Customer Service, Market Managers, Finance and Risk Management teams
- Drive operational technical efficiencies and escalation reduction opportunities with external partners (payment processors and banks) focusing on technical improvements to increase authorization rates, cost of payments monitoring and streamlining reporting processes supporting the Financial Technology team
- Drive improvement tech projects to resolution by influencing prioritization with internal stakeholders
- Develop and maintain a reporting framework to support decision-making
- Apply technology to support fraud prevention and chargeback management programs in LATAM
- 5+ years relevant work experience in Payments
- 2+ years relevant work experience in Program Management
- Strong knowledge of Excel and SQL
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical field
- Fluency in Portuguese and English. Spanish would be a plus!