Engineering Manager, Enterprise Security
San Francisco, United States
We are looking for people who want to secure Airbnb’s corporate systems and network, enterprise applications and data, and to enable new business functions. We are enablers who make it easier for engineers to create secure features as well as prevent and remediate vulnerabilities. We’d love to talk to you if you’re a talented individual who is passionate about managing a team driven in crafting scalable and usable security solutions. Airbnb is a community built on trust, and we are an important part of that foundation.
The role will be managing the Enterprise Security (EntSec) team with this objective and focus -
- EntSec’s primary objective is to help architect, build and proactively secure corporate infrastructure at scale, and securely enable business functions.
- Enterprise Security focuses and collaborates on the following aspects: Implement strong controls such that security incidents are less likely to happen. Have controls in place to ensure that the potential magnitude of an incident is limited. Validate our controls through technical tools and design reviews to ensure the required security policies/standards are met at scale and on an on-going basis.
This role will manage a team of Security Engineers who -
- Build secure access controls using modern-era tools and techniques (e.g. WebAuthn, SSH over HTTP, Ephemeral access)
- Utilize infrastructure management tooling (Puppet / Chef, Ansible,Terraform) to enable consistent hardening configs and code-driven security configurations in a multi-cloud, on-prem environment (e.g. GCP, Azure, AWS)
- Deploy Data Loss Prevention (DLP) solutions focusing on PII and PCI related data that may be in SaaS applications (e.g. GSuite, SalesForce, Box) and consider additional DLP strategies.
- Deploy vulnerability management tools across multi-cloud and on-premise infrastructures to detect vulnerabilities and security misconfigurations.
- Help craft the overall security strategy for M&As from due diligence through post-close integration.
- Enable deployment of Chrome OS at scale for customer support agents to significantly reduce attack surface and improve endpoint management.
- Orchestrate security posture checks on all new infrastructure deployments.
- Implement endpoint state attestation tooling.
- Scale proactive security controls to new environments (e.g. acquisitions).
We value Engineering Managers who have:
- 7+ years of relevant engineering work experience and 2+ hands-on technical management experience
- Experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications. Experience building and leading platforms is a plus.
- Retained, mentored and hired senior engineers and leaders with a track record of building productive, world-class engineering teams.
- Effectively worked with senior leadership in setting strategic 6+ month direction.
- Experience with effectively creating alignments with multiple teams and operating well in ambiguity
- Track record in partnering with recruiting to build incredible engineering teams
- Actively coached and mentored team members in their careers
- Been actively involved in setting product strategy
- Consistently made culture choices that positively impact all of engineering
- Shipped several large scale projects with multiple dependencies across teams
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Much more...
Candidate Privacy Notice
If you are a California resident, learn about what personal information we collect about you and how we use it here.