About Airbnb China
The company has increased its investment in China and historically experienced rapid growth since officially entering the market at the end of 2015. Airbnb continues to focus on product localization and innovation to better serve local users and enhance the user experience, nurture a trusting local community, and engage Chinese Millennial travelers with inspiring brand moments. As one of the leaders in the home sharing industry, Airbnb works with partners across many fields to actively promote the sustainable development of this emerging industry and achieve win-win results for everyone. Airbnb will continue to build an efficient local team, bringing the authentic travel experience to Chinese travelers.
More details: https://news.airbnb.com/about-us/
We are looking for talented Business Analyst to join our China Strategy and Operations team, working to support senior business leaders with insights from Airbnb's marketplace data and multiple external data sources; you will help translate complex findings and results into a compelling narrative about this highly strategic, fast-growing market; you will have company-wide holistic exposure as the central strategy role to initiate and inform critical projects and to support long-term business strategy. If you’re passionate about leveraging data to drive strategic business decisions, we want to hear from you.
The work for Business Analyst in China Strategy Team:
- Support business leaders with timely business performance analysis to uncover opportunities and risks
- Identify step-change opportunities and recommend actionable business levers through quantitative analysis, industry benchmarks, and competitive research
- Partner closely with data scientist team to develop and maintain reporting and analytical frameworks to support our key processes and decision-making cadences such as annual strategic planning and long-range planning
- Democratize data by building and socializing decision tools (dashboards, reports)
- Effective communications with key stakeholders including Business Leaders, Finance, Market Research, Data Science, Data Engineer, Operations during daily collaboration
- 3+ years of industry experience in data analytics area & degree in - Business Analytics, Statistics, Applied Math, Economics or related quantitative fields preferred.
- Strong business acumen and strategic thinking; sensible to both internal and external data trend change and able to identify the implications to the business
- Combination of both short-term problem solving and long-term strategic thinking; consulting experience is a plus
- Strong communication skills; able to collaborate proactively with cross-functional partners to collect business requirements and timely provide and present business insights
- Experience building analytical business reporting tools
- Experience with common analysis tools such as SQL, R, and Python.
- Experience working with senior business leaders is a plus