Connections & Media Activation Lead (Contract)
London, United Kingdom
Founded in 2008, Airbnb exists to create a world where anyone can belong anywhere, providing healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace provides access to 6+ million unique places to stay in nearly 100,000 cities and 191 countries. With Experiences, Airbnb offers unprecedented access to local communities and interests through 30,000+ unique, handcrafted activities run by hosts across 1,000+ markets around the world. Airbnb’s people-to-people platform benefits all its stakeholders, including hosts, guests, employees and the communities in which it operates.
THIS IS A 13 MONTH CONTRACT OPPORTUNITY
Connections and Media Activation Lead, EMEA
Airbnb is the world’s largest community-driven hospitality company. Every day, we connect thousands of guests and hosts online, leading to meaningful travel experiences in the real world. From tree houses to castles, Airbnb gives access to the most interesting places to stay around the world, putting you in the local scene and connecting you with unforgettable characters that become part of your story. Travel inspires some of our best and most memorable stories, and travel with Airbnb facilitates even more interesting experiences and stories that are worth sharing.
As the Connections & Media Activation Lead, Global you will be accountable for the ingenuity, effectiveness and efficiency of the Connections plans that are developed and activated across the region in support of our business objectives.
To do this will require close collaboration with teams across Airbnb, including Regional Brand Marketing, Growth Marketing, Measurement & Analytics, Consumer Insights, FP&A, Data Science, Social and Corporate Communications teams. You must be laser focused on outcomes, holding both our agencies and co-workers to deliver optimum value for our investments, defining KPIs, and tasking those responsible for excellence in activation. You will also have a keen eye on how to best leverage media in order to enhance the creative story, influencing asset production and formats, flagging opportunities and testing new ideas.
You’ll need to be able to see the big picture, visualizing the impact that the breadth of our activity has on our target audience, and co-create the Connections principles by which we operate, whilst being able to review and advise on the minutiae of our plans.
- Lead the regional relationship with our global media agencies of record.
- Work with the marketing and cross-functional teams based throughout the region to ensure cohesive regional media strategies focused around internally-aligned go-to-market approaches. Emphasis on optimizing for media efficiency, creative execution, local relevance and campaign objectives.
- Lead development of EMEA campaigns from connections strategy through campaign execution and reporting. Areas of focus include connections planning (comms planning), media mix development, media planning & buying, performance measurement, budget management, online tracking, buy evaluation, and optimization.
- Support budget and strategy planning with global teams, working closely with Financial Planning (FP&A) and Marketing Leadership.
- Foster an environment for cross-departmental collaboration by working effectively with Brand & Product Marketing, Creative, Finance, Growth Marketing, and Corporate Communication teams.
- Manage and nurture media talent in region (one direct report)
- Passion for travel and all things Airbnb. Experience hosting on the site is a huge plus.
- 12+ years experience at digital, advertising or media agencies and/or experience managing media at a client business — preferably in the consumer internet space in travel, design, technology, or lifestyle brands.
- Ability to lead plan development from beginning to end with little oversight. Must be able to think holistically but also ensure the details are addressed.
- In-depth knowledge of the efficacy of all media channels, with a proven track record in digital, social, and offline media. Deep understanding of market trends and fluency with brand measurement metrics and analytics.
- Passion for understanding the various consumer segments by market and their media behaviors is essential.
- Experience in managing media programs across the EMEA region and evaluating strategic, local media partners. Deep experience of the UK and France, plus Germany, Spain and/or Italy is highly desired.
- Ability to lead, influence and work across organizational boundaries with a track record of building excellent relationships with a broad range of peers and executives across global markets.• Connections planning (comms planning) and paid media planning & execution
- Experience designing and running brand advertising campaigns
- In-depth knowledge of the efficacy of all media channels (on and offline), with a proven track record in digital, social, and offline media.
- Deep understanding of market trends and fluency with brand measurement metrics and analytics.
- Not afraid to push boundaries, doesn’t take the “safe” route.
- Ability to be flexible on working within time constraints of San Francisco ( some late evening calls)