Senior Engineer, Vulnerability Management
San Francisco, United States
Who we are:
Airbnb is one of the world’s largest marketplaces for unique, authentic places to stay and things to do, offering over 7 million accommodations and 40,000 handcrafted experiences, all powered by local hosts. Our Information Security team is improving the safety and security of our platform, which enables millions of users to explore the world.
The Vulnerability Management team is responsible for prioritizing, reproducing, contextualizing, and recommending solutions to security issues. This role operates across Airbnb’s production environments including AWS infrastructure and Kubernetes, leveraging technologies such as osquery, AWS SSM, and various vulnerability scanning tools.
We are looking for an experienced engineer who is interested in building scalable infrastructure solutions to help secure millions of users and improve the vulnerability lifecycle.
If you are a talented and passionate engineer with experience building scalable solutions to reduce risk and stop malicious attackers, we would love to hear from you.
- Design and build systems to prevent, detect and address security vulnerabilities across production environments
- Provide expert consultation on vulnerability risk and remediation to engineering teams
- Maintain and operate infrastructure tooling such as osquery, AWS SSM, and various vulnerability scanning solutions
- Assess and triage production vulnerabilities
You are someone who:
- Doesn’t get hyped over a vulnerability logo until you understand the security risk
- Loves to automate everything you come across
- Has experience as a developer, ideally in high level language such as Java, Kotlin and/or scripting languages like Python
- Knows AWS infrastructure and cloud security controls
Extra bonus if you are someone who:
- Understands network and application security threats
- Participated in pen testing assessments
- Has experience with Apache Airflow
- Has experience managing Bug Bounty Programs
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Much more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status