Supervisor, Operations Analytics
About Airbnb: Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 85,000 cities and over 191 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can Belong Anywhere. As we grow to achieve that mission, we’re looking to add highly technical, hands-on, and mission-driven Engineering Managers to lead our engineering efforts.
Setting up a Data Analytics team at Airbnb Capability Center with focus on building a functional vision and championing for the use of data in making key business decisions.
What you’ll do
- Own projects from start to end: building out timelines, key milestones, providing regular updates to Analytics Management stakeholders and delivery against agreed upon specs.
- Work closely with all global Analytics functions and stakeholders.
- Own complete project management - Prioritize work within the team, ensure high quality of deliverable & meeting timelines, running initiatives for higher efficiency and innovation, track team’s utilization and other project management activities.
- Deliver independently and with your team, high quality interactive dashboards that meet stakeholder needs with a keen eye for data visualization.
- Deliver on ad-hoc requests and advanced analytics projects with efficient methods,appropriate analytical techniques, and best-in-class outputs.
- Drive accountability within the team and effectively manage stakeholder expectations
- People management - directly and indirectly manage your team. Hire, retain and develop talent. Build people’s career paths, learning and growth in the team and organization.
- Manage India and Global stakeholders - being agile and efficiently manage all stakeholders with pro activeness, clear communication and setting right expectations and meeting their needs.
What you need to succeed
- Overall 7-9 years of experience in Analytics
- Experience of working in a globally distributed team.
- 3-5 years of people and project management in Analytics and reporting, with handling diverse teams & projects
- Excellent communication with technical and non-technical data consumers including senior leadership
- Graduate in Economics, Business, Engineering, or other quantitative fields
- Deep logical thinking and problem solving aptitude to create robust analytical solutions
- for business problems - both adhocs and advanced/statistical analytics
- Good understanding and experience of different kinds of analytical solution offerings
- Expertise in Tableau (or other BI tools), building and maintaining enterprise level dashboards. Passion for Data Visualization and driving user adoption of dashboards
- Keen attention to detail and ability to thrive in a dynamic environment with a high degree of ambiguity
- Deep understanding of data gathering, inspecting, cleansing, transforming and validating assumptions
- Excellent SQL skills and comfortable using Git, Python
- Impeccable attention and commitment to efficient execution, creating clean reproducible codes, working files, automation, documentation